"Skyfall" at the Olympics

edited February 2014 in Skyfall Posts: 4
During tonight's Olympic pairs skating competition, one of the American pairs, Marissa Castelli and Simon Shnapir, used a familiar Bond theme in their performance music. Whoever composed the cover was not bad.

They didn't medal, unfortunately (the Russians have owned the category for years), but it was nice and should not have been a surprise, considering Adele's popularity.

Comments

• edited February 2014 Posts: 317
    It was a bit of a Bond medley starting with the skyfall theme. I was rooting for them. :-o
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 2,483
    I've always felt that Bond music, and the Bondoverse in general, go naturally with Olympic figure skating. The glamour, the beauty, the music and aesthetics, and the "Europeanness" of figure skating all fairly shout Bond. Then of course, we do have Bibi Dahl now, don't we?
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 4,622
    the american pair deserve the gold if only for their choice of music.
    Is it too late to get some cash to the Russian judges?
    We've already seen French media charges of American and Russians judge conspiring to rig against the top Canadian pair of Tesse Virtue and Scott Moir.
    If judges must be on the take, then payoffs for skating to Bond music at least makes it bearable. :P
    timmer wrote:
    We've already seen French media charges of American and Russians judge conspiring to rig against the top Canadian pair of Tesse Virtue and Scott Moir.

The same song every time, that is the case with a professional jury deciding the outcome. We all know by now what we end up when the general public gets to vote.... then it is no longer about skill and discipline but about glamour and all that.

I did have my questionmarks with the judging of the Snowboard and slope events too, but what do I know?

I seen these on Vine.

James Bond Theme

Skyfall
    SaintMark wrote:
    timmer wrote:

The same song every time, that is the case with a professional jury deciding the outcome. We all know by now what we end up when the general public gets to vote.... then it is no longer about skill and discipline but about glamour and all that.

I did have my questionmarks with the judging of the Snowboard and slope events too, but what do I know?

Russians have now been accused of warming the luge track after their guy finished his run to win silver, thus making the track slower for those that followed.
    In fact it was the Canadian Coach that flat out accused the Russians. No ambiguity. I think we are forever jaded here in Canada after that bs involving our skaters getting jobbed in Salt Lake City.
    Remember we got a gold after the fact, when the cheating was confirmed. Russians! Grrr.
    I tell you, Putin hired Klebb to manage these games.
    Klebb being a lesbian, I doubt she's been hired by Putin. And is it only me or Tessa Virtue is a perfect Bond girl name?
    I think Putin would value her criminal masterminding first and foremost, but being from the island of Lesbos, he wouldn't let her teach the children, at least not the sex-ed classes. Dirty tricks and criminality 101 though- for sure.
    Tessa Virtue would also make an exemplary Bond-girl and of course could keep her own Bond-girl name. The story could revolve around how Putin's Smersh minions running the Sochi games jobbed her out of Olympic Gold. 007 to put things right.