PHILIP SEYMOUR HOFFMAN HAS PASSED AWAY

edited February 2014 in General Movies & TV Posts: 1,548
Still in shock today's news. Hw would have made a fantastic Bond villain. No doubt some muppet will close this thread shortly but just wanted to express my utter shock at today's news.

Comments

I'm also in shock. One of the absolute best actors. Several decades too young to die. Terrible news.
    Well, perhaps the thread wouldn't be at risk of closure if you didn't attack the mods as "muppets".
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited February 2014 Posts: 12,459
    I know we have a special thread about our longstanding and cherished member, SirHenry, passing away. And I think that should stay separate. But I think all else, even actors we are very fond of, should probably be discussed on our regular thread for paying respects to those who have died.

I enjoyed his work very much, and I am so sorry to hear that Philip has passed away; far, far too young. A great actor who had many fantastic roles still in him to be played.

And just now I read the news on BBC and it said apparent drug overdose. What a waste of a fine life. I am sorry he still felt compelled to do that; he had sought help for treatment, according to the article. Addiction is horrible. I am really sad he is gone.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Kermit the Frog has decided that we already have a thread where PSH's passing is currently being discussed at large. Can't argue with a muppet so...

combination-lock-ch.jpg
This discussion has been closed.