Steve Coogan's Bond impressions

edited January 2014 in General Discussion Posts: 12,837

I watch Johnathon Ross when people I like are on there so I'm surprised that I managed to miss this, first time I've seen it. I thought it was funny how, when he did Dalton, he did the "things could've gotten nasty" bit from LTK where you get a flash of Dalton's northern accent. Shows how much of a fan he is.

Comments

I thought his Moore and Brosnan were perfect. He even gets the faces down! Unbelievable.
    Yes, the Connery was surprisingly bad. I thought it sounded like Brosnan, until he did Brosnan, which was actually quite good.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    A well found video this, thanks TLR.
  • Their take on Connery imitations was definitely accurate. A friend did it once and did indeed sound like he had a stroke.
  • I wish we got Craig and Lazenby impressions too. Lazenby would've just sounded kind of like Carey Grant. While Craig has a very deep distinctive voice.

It sucks that Dalton is such an afterthought to casual fans and Coogan didn't seem to know what he sounded like. He probably would've have a Lazenby impression either.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Fun video, I already posted it in the "Bond impersonators" thread weeks ago, though. Do we really need a separate thread just for this?
  • Dragonpol2Dragonpol2 The Crazy World of Daniel Dragonpol
    edited January 2014 Posts: 145
    Thanks for bringing this to our notice. Steve Coogan is one of my comedy heroes and there are of course plenty of Bond references in his work - especially that of Alan Partridge.
    Where's Wizard? Surely he'd have something to say about this.
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Where's Wizard? Surely he'd have something to say about this.

I think he's taking a break at the minute, but I'm sure he's still reading our mad ramblings! And of course, a big fan of Pontius Partridge.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    His Brosnan was spot on, but his Dalton was way off.
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 4,622
    Would have worked better if the host didn't insist on having to name the Bond before he did the impression. He was already to go and then he'd get cut off.
    Could have just as easily named the actor after he had done the impression.
    Anyway the Broz and Moore imitations were guite good. Connery was adequate. Dalts I might have picked up on better if he could have done more with it.
    What was the Dalton one all about?!!! =))
    timmer wrote:
    Would have worked better if the host didn't insist on having to name the Bond before he did the impression. He was already to go and then he'd get cut off.
    Could have just as easily named the actor after he had done the impression.
    Anyway the Broz and Moore imitations were guite good. Connery was adequate. Dalts I might have picked up on better if he could have done more with it.

It's just the general bloody rudeness of Jonathan Ross - can't stand him or his "programmes"! And I thought his Dalton was pretty good, so there.
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 12,837
    The Dalton one was pretty bad but I like how he did the "nasty" bit from LTK.
    The Dalton one was pretty bad but I like how he did the "nasty" bit from LTK.

Yes, that was the best part of it.