James Bond -50 Years of Movie Posters

Big_GeeBig_Gee Wales
edited December 2013 in Merchandise Posts: 24
Anybody who was put off by the price and hadn't bought this so far in Britain should visit their local "The Works" shop as soon as possible. I got one last week in Cardiff for £12.99 and I saw them yesterday in Swansea.......that's my Christmas bargain for 2013 sorted.

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Big_Gee wrote:
    Anybody who was put off by the price and hadn't bought this so far in Britain should visit their local "The Works" shop as soon as possible. I got one last week in Cardiff for £12.99 and I saw them yesterday in Swansea.......that's my Christmas bargain for 2013 sorted.

Yes, I snapped one of these right up on an ealier occasion. Bond bargain of the year 2013 surely!
  • My copy came with the Bond 50 Blu-ray set. It is indeed a very cool book, with lots of great information.
    My copy came with the Bond 50 Blu-ray set. It is indeed a very cool book, with lots of great information.

Was that a freebie thrown in with the Blu-ray set, @Soundofthesinners? Very good if it was!
  • Dragonpol wrote:
    My copy came with the Bond 50 Blu-ray set. It is indeed a very cool book, with lots of great information.

Was that a freebie thrown in with the Blu-ray set, @Soundofthesinners? Very good if it was!
    Yes, it came attached to the blu-ray case and everything. It was great seeing how the styles of the posters evolved through the years.

Dragonpol wrote:

Yes, it came attached to the blu-ray case and everything. It was great seeing how the styles of the posters evolved through the years.

Yes, I really must give mine a good look over! A great book, made even better when it came free!
  • Dragonpol wrote:

really?!?!?! My set didn't come with the book! I got it off sort of a fly-by-night website so I guess that's to blame. I haven't been able to find the book in stores yet, but then again I haven't tried that hard.

The next Bond-related book I'm really looking forward to is Lazenby's autobiography, which has seemingly been in development for years.
  • Dragonpol wrote:

really?!?!?! My set didn't come with the book! I got it off sort of a fly-by-night website so I guess that's to blame. I haven't been able to find the book in stores yet, but then again I haven't tried that hard.

The next Bond-related book I'm really looking forward to is Lazenby's autobiography, which has seemingly been in development for years.

That's interesting. I got it as a gift, so I'm not sure where exactly it came from. I also live in America, whereas you seem to live in Wales, so that might have something to do with it too.

• That's interesting. I got it as a gift, so I'm not sure where exactly it came from. I also live in America, whereas you seem to live in Wales, so that might have something to do with it too.

I'm in America too, the site I got it I think was based in some Eastern European country (I have absolutely no reason for why I felt the need to get it from there).

That's interesting. I got it as a gift, so I'm not sure where exactly it came from. I also live in America, whereas you seem to live in Wales, so that might have something to do with it too.

I'm in America too, the site I got it I think was based in some Eastern European country (I have absolutely no reason for why I felt the need to get it from there).

Eastern Europe?! Yes, that explains a lot!

• That's interesting. I got it as a gift, so I'm not sure where exactly it came from. I also live in America, whereas you seem to live in Wales, so that might have something to do with it too.

Sorry, I got you confused with the OP. @Dragonpol is right, the Eastern Europe bit makes sense.
  • Dragonpol wrote:

Hey, it was cheap!--only $90. I consider myself lucky that all the discs were there and showed up on the TV
    Dragonpol wrote:

Hey, it was cheap!--only $90. I consider myself lucky that all the discs were there and showed up on the TV

The only thing was, they were in Latvian, yes?
  • Dragonpol wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:

Only Magda's lines in OP were. I had to make do with looking at her.
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:

Ah, that's not so bad!
  • Dragonpol wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:

Ah, that's not so bad!

Exactly! On that note, did Kristina Wayborn ever do anything else noteworthy? She was crazy hot and a much better actress than, say, Britt Ekland.

• Not really, @hildebrand_rarity she was originally a model and had a couple of other roles in TV shows and Swedish movies, but playing Magda was just about the apex of her career.
  • Not really, @hildebrand_rarity she was originally a model and had a couple of other roles in TV shows and Swedish movies, but playing Magda was just about the apex of her career.

Bummer! She was always my favorite character in OP.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Does anyone know how long this offer lasts? I won't be able to get to the nearest The Works for a week...
    Does anyone know how long this offer lasts? I won't be able to get to the nearest The Works for a week...

I know it was on in my local one for a few days only a while back, and that was when I got it. So it could just all be down to the luck of the draw?
    Dragonpol wrote:

I know it was on in my local one for a few days only a while back, and that was when I got it. So it could just all be down to the luck of the draw?

Yes, I suppose. I'm a big fan of the early Bond posters, so I hope I'm lucky on the day! On their website, its £35, so to get it for £12.99 is very nice indeed.
    Dragonpol wrote:

Yes, I suppose. I'm a big fan of the early Bond posters, so I hope I'm lucky on the day! On their website, its £35, so to get it for £12.99 is very nice indeed.

Well, one can only hope that they put it on offer aqgain in the run up to Christmas.
    Funny story. I managed to get to The Works today and they had lots of them at 12.99. So I was about to purchase it when my mother takes me aside and says that someone has already bought me one for christmas! Well, I say...
    Funny story. I managed to get to The Works today and they had lots of them at 12.99. So I was about to purchase it when my mother takes me aside and says that someone has already bought me one for christmas! Well, I say...

Oh, great! Glad you're getting one for Christmas!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Do be sure to practice your "surprise face" in the mirror before Christmas day arrives.
    Do be sure to practice your "surprise face" in the mirror before Christmas day arrives.

Haha Of course! But I don't know who's got it me! I skimmed through some of the pages and it looks a bloody good book!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Haha Of course! But I don't know who's got it me! I skimmed through some of the pages and it looks a bloody good book!

That should definitely help strengthen your performance.