Skyfall after 1 year...

edited November 2013 in Skyfall Posts: 9
I'm glad for EON productions that Skyfall was such a huge financial success...if it didn't make money then there probably wouldn't be any more Bond movies...right? After such a media hype blitz (pun intended) people came out in droves...including me. I hadn't been to a first run movie in 12 years because of caring for my 90-year-old mother-in-law. But broke ranks, got there the day after it opened here and watched with GREAT EXPECTATIONS because of the media hype BLITZ.
It's very well-made film...very entertaining in fact, and it deserved more Oscars than it got. The song was the best of a weak field, however, the production of the song was first quality...my compliments.
My problem with the film is the darkness of the storyline and the lead character, the killing off every possible love interest except the joke of Moneypenny. Replacing Q with a kid was laughable. Killing off Dench to me was a mistake that is only bearable if she desired to leave the role.
Find somewhere else to film other than Turkey, or Bolivia.
That's it...

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    We recently tried this topic; it didn't work due to some very stubborn opinions getting re-chewed like a piece of wood. The heat hasn't settled long enough to allow for another thread in that spirit. Sorry. We will put this one in the freezer for a bit longer and re-open it when the time is right. Meanwhile, all SF reviews can be posted in the review section.
This discussion has been closed.