First trailer for Pierce Brosnan's new film - Salvation Boulevard !

DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
edited May 2011 in General Movies & TV Posts: 15,690

Comments

That`s a hefty cast for an indie film! Looking forward to it. Great to see Ed Harris back too!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Wow, Brosnan's acting seems like... Wow, I'm not even going there right now.

Hinds, Harris, Kinnear, old Pierce, Jenny... I'll be seeing this film. :P
    What do you mean DD?
    I'm not sure which part is unclear, Shoreline. ;;)
    "go there right now" ?
    Let's just say from what I've seen in the trailer Brosnan's acting is way off the radar. However, as I don't want to turn this topic into another 'bash-the-brozzer' spam feast, I will refrain from further comments on the issue (for now. ;;) ). You see, this forum has a past of dealing with fierce wars between Brosnanites and non-Brosnanites, sickening threads that meant well. If I had to express exactly how awful I think Brosnan seems to be acting in that trailer, we might end up with one of those again. ;;) And since I have yet to watch the film and might in fact come back on my comments, I don't want to push things prematurely - hence my saying that I'm not going there right now.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I thought Brosnan was great in the trailer - much better than in GE/TND/TWINE/DAD. He really upped his game recently.
    I thought Brosnan was great in the trailer - much better than in GE/TND/TWINE/DAD. He really upped his game recently.
    I certainly liked him in The Ghost Writer. But I can't help getting flashbacks to some of his lesser moments in the Bonds. I do like his acting in GE by the way. As I said though, I will watch this film and then judge it. Could be that I humbly come crawling back here begging the Brozzo for forgiveness. ;;)

"Was the VIC - tom"

Brosnan - very good!
    Well you can't deny this...he looks like he's having fun :)

I remember him and Kinnear together in The Matador, Brozza seems to get away with over-acting when it comes to comedies anyway.
    I haven't seen Mamma Mia yet. How was he in that film?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The Matador was great !! I hope this one is as good. I loved Brosnan in Ghost Writer, so if he can keep up his high level of acting he picked up these last years, it's going to be awesome !
    I haven't seen Mamma Mia yet. How was he in that film?
    Errr bad, but that's what makes the film fall into the "so bad its good" category :p

It sounded like ur middle aged dad singing :-))

esp opposite Meryl Streep

Brosnan as a televangelist, it looks like it works to me. I think he is intentionally being a little hammy.
    As I said, I think Brozza can get away with being hammy in lighter stuff. It's the more serious stuff that feels odd.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2011 Posts: 4,437
    The cardboard dol of Brosnan very funny.

Trailer look like this movie try going to make the same humor like The Matador. Greg Kinnear also playing in The Matador.

I've always liked Brosnan's acting personally. I know TND-DAD wasn't his best stuff, but he wasn't bad in them and to be honest it's got to be kind of hard to look good in movies that have scripts and casts as bad TND-DAD.
  • tqbtqb
    I think it looks pretty good. And Brosnan looks good, like he got in better shape. Im happy for him.
    Looking forward to this movie.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Hmm, one of those trailers that gives far too much away. Looks an ok black comedy though.
    I suspect it's deliberate. His character is clearly a trendy vicar-slash-smarmy televangelist, so of course he's going to ham it up.
    I suspect it's deliberate. His character is clearly a trendy vicar-slash-smarmy televangelist, so of course he's going to ham it up.
    Yeah, kind of similar to parts of The Matador.

Quite some cast.
    Does anyone please have Jennifer Connelly´s phone number for me?
    But with all due respect, you can´t just shoot Ed Harris. Such a thing just isn´t done.
    Let's just say from what I've seen in the trailer Brosnan's acting is way off the radar. However, as I don't want to turn this topic into another 'bash-the-brozzer' spam feast, I will refrain from further comments on the issue (for now. ;;) ). You see, this forum has a past of dealing with fierce wars between Brosnanites and non-Brosnanites, sickening threads that meant well. If I had to express exactly how awful I think Brosnan seems to be acting in that trailer, we might end up with one of those again. ;;) And since I have yet to watch the film and might in fact come back on my comments, I don't want to push things prematurely - hence my saying that I'm not going there right now.
    Oh I think you`ll find Dalton and Lazenby fans to be equally defensive.....

;-)