TOP 3 Bond Theme moments in other tracks

DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
edited May 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 23,448
<b>When was the Bond Theme best used in other tracks?</b>

<u>Here's my top 3:</u>

<ol>
<li><b>The FRWL main theme</b>

About a minute and a half the FRWL theme segues into the Bond Theme with a blast. Hardly ever was the Bond Theme used to such exquisite extents. The slightly exotic instrumentation Barry selected for the main theme worked perfectly for the Bond Theme as well. Never fails to geek me out.

<li><b>The DAF PTS music</b>

The moment Bond approaches Marie we hear the Bond Theme play with great splendour. What's more is that Connery's swagger and perversion inspiring abuse of Mary's chest piece add to the subtle juiciness hidden in these few seconds of musical triumph.

<li><b>Backseat Driver</b>

This may hurt some feelings in the community but I truthfully believe that Backseat Driver is David Arnold in his finest hour. Not only does the garage chase stand out as one of the best action moments of the Brosnan era and not only do I think that Brosnan's Bond is at his best in this particular scene, but when Arnold works his music from the TND theme into the Bond Theme, with those great horns amping up the tension, I'm blown out of my seat. I can honestly say that during this moment I always make a fist and silently shout 'yeah!' for Bond.

</ol>

So what's your top 3?

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    No suggestions, then? ;;)
  • LudsLuds MIA
    A little impatient are we Mr Dimi? ;)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I am. Diner's getting cold. ;;)
  • edited May 2011 Posts: 6
    There are far, far too many to mention, but these stand out to me at the moment for some reason. I'm sure that'll change as soon as I post tho ;-)

1. TND - Bond in the Aston Martin

Very by the numbers but I've always loved the scene. To me it harks back to the way the Bond theme was played while something banal is being shown in the earlier films, such as the hotel room scene in FRWL.

2. LTK - Escaping on the Plane

Not a popular score by any means, but I always thought Kamen got it right when Bond is pulled behind the plane as he escapes Krest's men.

3. DAF - Bond Meets Bambi and Thumper

Theres something wonderful about the synths in this scene. I see it as a sort of link back to the way the theme was used OHMSS, maintaining the orchestration Barry used for the Connery era but blending it perfectly with the arrangement from Lazenby's short tenure.