Picture of young Sean Connery- new to me!

edited June 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 4,813
I've never seen this one!
Damn!

Sean-Connery-Shirtless.jpg

I wonder why he never had his hair like that more often- looks like a totally different person! Usually when I see a pic of 'young Connery' he has his hair gelled back like we're all used to

Comments

I wonder why he never had his hair like that more often- looks like a totally different person! Usually when I see a pic of 'young Connery' he has his hair gelled back like we're all used to
    It is because it is a younger picture of him and he had more hair. By the time he played Bond his hair was thinning and he couldn't wear it like in the picture.
    That's too bad-- in the pic he reminds me of Gaston from Beauty and the Beast! lol
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2011 Posts: 15,690
    It is because it is a younger picture of him and he had more hair. By the time he played Bond his hair was thinning and he couldn't wear it like in the picture.
    He sure didn't lose his chest hair... :-))
    Follicular migration ;-) .
    Sean with no rug????? Oh my......! He looks like a liddle baby!
    WOW just WOW
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Follicular migration ;-) .
    :))

Yup, that photo was probably taken in the late '50s too, when it was fashionable to wear one's hair long like that. By the early '60s, shorter hair was back in fashion for young men...

I was browsing through the older threads and just thought I'd bring this one back for the sheer enjoyment of @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, hahahaha.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Thanks @00Beast. It would be hard to find Connery photos I haven't seen. Here are some great ones:
    connery-baby_1702281i.jpg
    Even as a baby, the man was a badass.
    sean-connery-as-a-child.jpg
    sean-connery-as-a-kid.jpg
    young_sean_connery.jpg
    sean-connery-as-a-teenager.jpg
    >:D<
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 ya beat me to it! haha
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 645
    Brigitte Bardot and Sean Connery
    Brigitte-Bardot-and-Sean-Connory.jpg
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited June 2012 Posts: 12,459
    And even in just this one photo, you can sense why Brigitte was a mega trendsetter/icon for the 60's. She epitomises the different look of the 60's woman coming out of the 50's style. She - and Jean Shrimpton, Julie Christie, and then Twiggy - really made an impact; one that is ongoing today.
    And yeah, gotta love Sean.

Their movie together was called Shalako: has anyone seen it??
    Never heard of it, but I'd like to see it.