James Bond Mafia! (Sign-Ups)

AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
edited September 2013 in General Discussion Posts: 2,630
Welcome to the James Bond themed game of Mafia! You all will get a power (maybe even more!) and each game day, you will vote to see which player will be lynched and hit during the night.

General Rules (List coming from a game where I played previously)

1. Stay active. Failure to vote for two consecutive days will result in death. Plain and simple.

2. No talking during Nighttime. I will give a small grace period in case you are typing something out, but just don't risk it. Anything I deem to be posted after a reasonable time will be punished as I see fit.

3. Once you die, you are allowed to have one post. Don't post ANYTHING to do with gameplay. Bad things will happen to your team if you try to pull any shenanigans. That includes, but is not limited to dropping hints in other thread, sending PMs to other teammates, and chatzies.

4. Players cannot have game related communication with others through any medium other than this thread unless you are specifically allowed to. This includes, but is not limited to other thread, PMs or other chatzys.

5. In case of a tie there will be a 15 minute OT period. If it is still a tie, a chatzy coin flip will decide who dies.

6. I will not accept any votes if they aren't bolded. No exceptions.

7. Once the voting cutoff time comes, all votes are frozen. No other votes will be counted after this time. If the cutoff time ends at :00, voted marked :00 will be counted, votes marked :01 will not be counted.

8. If you believe I have made a mistake, PM me.

9. Don't post PMs. No exceptions. Think of it as plagiarism, even if you slightly alter my words, it's still against the rules. If you aren't sure, PM me.

10. It's my job to keep a vote count. I'll try my best to keep it updated.

11. Zombies are allowed but only one post a night if you died and want to come back a zombie. Please and thank you.

12. Anyone might be able to return to the game if they die, but if they ask for the chatzy... they're out for the remainder of the game.

13. You may "No lynch" in this game. If "no lynch" has the most votes, nobody will be lynched.

14. Every night, mafia gets a hit. Whoever PM's me the hit choice will carry out the hit. Also, the mafia must send in their own powers (one mafia member can't just PM me all the moves from his team)

15. There will be active powers and passive powers. Passive powers automatically occur. Active powers need to be sent in to me. You may only use 1 active power per day. Whoever sends in the mafia chatzy hit may also send in their active power.

16. You won't be able to tell who is mafia by their powers. I'm going to build all of the movesets (movesets can potentially contain multiple moves, and can be a mix of active and passive), and randomly assign them to the players in the game. Then, I'm going to randomize their alignments (whether mafia or civ)

17. You may choose to be any character you want, if it is a character from a Bond novel, movie, or game. You could be anyone from the wooden elephant selling kid to James Bond, himself.

18. If an active move doesn't specifically say that it's a day move, then that means it's a night move.

19. There will be 3-5 members of the mafia, depending on the amount of players. I will send you a link to the chatzy where you will communicate with other mafia members.

20. Have fun, this is a game.

Beginners Link to Mafia
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/610087

PLAYER LIST
1. StirredNotShaken (Timothy Dalton's James Bond)
2. thelivingroyale (Roger Moore's James Bond)
3. soundofthesinners (Pierce Brosnan's James Bond)
(MINIMUM)

Comments

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Sign-Ups Start Now!
    Alright, I'll give this a go. Though I'll need to learn how to play this haha. Also, what is the cutoff time, and in what time zone? I'm in Canada so night in England is like, five hours earlier than it is here.

I suppose my character, if I may be specific, will be Dalton's Bond. If, however, I cannot choose a specific incarnation of a character, I'll go with just Bond.
    This is in UST. And yeah, you can be different Bonds.
    So my post was at 9:59 AM here. Now it's 11:34. What time would that be in UST?
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Sounds fun. Never played it before but I read the link and I think I understand the rules.

Dalton is taken so I'll be Roger Moore.
    Welcome thelivingroyale!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I would have signed up if I could understand the rules, but I am slightly drunk.
  • Operating on eastern standard time might make this difficult, but I'll go ahead and play. I'll keep the Bond theme going and be Pierce Brosnan's Bond.
    Well, each day will end on 12AM UST, 7PM EST...
  • I'm surprised that nobody has picked Connery or Craig yet, as they're probably the most popular two.
    I'm surprised that nobody has picked Connery or Craig yet, as they're probably the most popular two.

Craig would've been my second choice.
    I'm surprised that nobody has picked Connery or Craig yet, as they're probably the most popular two.

I'm surprised about that as well.
    I will be Honey Rider and lets get this going.