If you were to have a new book written focusing on one particular James Bond film which would it be?

2»

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I would love to learn still more about what Dalton's third film could have been.

But to stay within the series:

- DN, because many people need to re-appreciate this superb film;
    - TB, because the world went crazy about Bond in '65 and I want to feel it;
    - CR67, because I'd love to feel like a stoner without actual substance abuse. ;-)
    Behind the Scenes on the making of DAF. A Breakdown of every single shot in every scene would be great. I can't get enough of this film. Favourite movie ever made--ever!!!
    I'd love to read a book about Property Of A Lady, the never made 3rd Dalton film, why it wasn't made and how it eventually evolved into GE.

Agreed
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 24
    Dragonpol wrote:
    GF - Adrian Turner
    OHMSS - Charles Helfenstein
    MR Special Annual - John Brosnan
    FYEO Special Annual - John Brosnan
    AVTAK - Andrew McNess
    TLD - Charles Helfenstein
    LTK - Sally Hibbin
    GE - Garth Pearce
    TND - Garth Pearce
    TWINE - Iain Johnstone
    DAD -

Very interesting list. Didn't know some of the books yet. The two of John Brosnan are not available on amazon unfortunately. I would add Robert Sellers 'The Battle for Bond' about the making of TB and NSNA.

I would write a book about TSWLM, and maybe YOLT. The building of the volcano is a fascinating thing, also the circumstances of casting Blofeld with Jan Werich.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 2,341
    Each film has its own special behind the scenes story. My vote would go to:
    1. OHMSS
    2. TSWLM
    So many comments and interesting stuff on OHMSS and as for TSWLM. How Cubby tackled it on his own minus Salzman, the original story about the multi terrorists plan. I think this story was superiour to what we got and perhaps one day they will film it in one form or another.
  • RC7RC7
    DarthDimi wrote:
    - DN, because many people need to re-appreciate this superb film

With you there. I still view it as the blueprint. It's masterful.