Breakthrough Actresses in future Breakthrough Bond Girl-Roles. Any suggestions?

edited August 2013 in Bond 26 & Beyond Posts: 11,119
I just saw the Italian/American co-produced film 'La Migliore Offerta'. It ust came out, with in the leading roles British Oscar winning actor Geoffrey Rush and Canadian actor Donald Sutherland. The female lead is played by Dutch actress Sylvia Hoeks. I must say, I am truly impressed by her role in this film. She was a model for Elite but even before that she finished her degree (Master) at the Dutch School of Dramatic Arts. Isn't she worth considering for a role in Bond 24, due to come out in 2015 :-)? She would be the first blond leading Bond girl in many years too ;-).

Here are some pictures of her:
Poster-La-Migliore-Offerta.jpg
m1azs0ha9kxx.jpg
MV5BMjA0NTEwODg1OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzE3NDIyMw@@._V1._SX640_SY853_.jpg
shot0168.jpg
sylvia-hoeks.jpg

Another candidate would probably be Dutch actress Carice van Houten. We know her perhaps from small roles in movies like 'Black Book' and 'Valkyrie'. But right now she is shining as Melisandre in HBO's hit series 'Game Of Thrones'.

Here are some of her pictures:
got-game-of-thrones-33312462-500-602.png
image.axd?picture=2012%2F4%2Fmelisandre_carice_van_houten2.jpg
screen-shot-2012-05-24-at-10-39-59-am.png?w=604
carice-van-houten.jpg
carice-van-houten-melisandre.jpg

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/941/who-should-be-a-bond-girl/p27

Any reason that this couldn't go in the thread as linked above GG?
    I don't think we need two of these really.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 11,119
    Benny wrote:
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/941/who-should-be-a-bond-girl/p27

Hmmm, possibly. It's a bit more about breakthrough actresses. Actresses who are not that famous yet. If you want it to be closed, please re-post the opening message there then?

PS: What do you actually think of the pictures @Benny ;-)?
    What do you think?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Sylvia Hoeks is lovely and if she can act, that's great.
    Carice van Houten has the looks of a good villain.
    Sylvia Hoeks is lovely and if she can act, that's great.
    Carice van Houten has the looks of a good villain.

I completely agree here ;-). Where are you from actually? Perhaps we can turn this topic into a more streamlined one. So:

1) Mention the country you are from, and
    2) Suggest no more than two actresses you'd like to see as the future Bond girl.
  • 1) England

2) Sheridan Smith.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 11,119
    1) England

2) Sheridan Smith.

Pretty girl. But I get a bit of a Bibi Dahl-feeling with her :-P
    Sheridan-Smith-008.jpg
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 7,653
    1) England

2) Sheridan Smith.

Sheridan-Smith-008.jpg

She is actually a BF Doctor Who companion (my favorite I might add), brilliant in two packets of crisps and a pint of lager, Jonathan Creeks current sidekick and did a succesfull west end musicalshow starring the as the main character Legally Blond.

She has stuff to offer.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    @Gustav_Graves - Good call on Carice Van Houten. I've seen her in Black Book, Valkyrie, The Black Witch and Dorothy. She can act, she's attractive and she's not a household name. On the downside (for EON, not me), by the time Bond#24 rolls around, Carice would be a hair under 40.
    I'm from America.

Nothing wrong with little known actresses being called upon to be in a Bond movie; we got very fortunate with Bereniece, who had charisma and could act.
    @Gustav_Graves - Good call on Carice Van Houten. I've seen her in Black Book, Valkyrie, The Black Witch and Dorothy. She can act, she's attractive and she's not a household name. On the downside (for EON, not me), by the time Bond#24 rolls around, Carice would be a hair under 40.

Perfect age to play a Rosa Klebb-like Bond bitch no ;-)?
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited August 2013 Posts: 4,416
    Benny wrote:

Hmmm, possibly. It's a bit more about breakthrough actresses. Actresses who are not that famous yet. If you want it to be closed, please re-post the opening message there then?

PS: What do you actually think of the pictures @Benny ;-)?

I think it is better to mix them together. Me and also some other members sugest enough people who not be that fames.

Talking about Dutch people i sugest earlier Sallie Harmsen http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1760156/

hetechtelevenfoto.jpg

Sallie_Harmsen_1262265296_4.jpg

She is closer to Silvia Hoeks style, younger and also won Goudenkalf (Golden Calf award) :)

BGRX7sbCEAACfDl.jpg
    In 2014 she wil seen in Kenau (see picture), also Silvia Hoeks play in that movie..

and mabey Thekla Reuten, also from The Netherlands,people known her mabey a litle bit from The American and In Bruges (With Ralph Fienes).

1842168_stripSlot.jpg

Thekla%20Reuten.jpg&h=272&w=600

4055534050_b8539b7dec_z.jpg

And because some people (i don't) whant Carice van Houten , i sugest Melis Birkan who on some pictures have a bit of that look.

MELIS-BIRKAN-9573-2.jpg

Melis-Birkan-11.jpg

melis-birkan_39006.jpg

4UQ
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 12,837
    1) England

2) Sheridan Smith.

Sheridan-Smith-008.jpg

She's really fit, so she fits the no 1 requirement.

She's also a brilliant actress. She's been brilliant in everything I've seen her in and she's had a very varied career, she's played all sorts of people. She won a Bafta recently too.
    Good to know more about Sheridan Smith.

I really like Thekla Reuten, too. She was great in The American with Clooney.
    I think she'd do fine in a Bond film.