Send a DB5 through the post First Class!

edited August 2013 in Merchandise Posts: 1,068
Not sure If everyone saw this and I haven't seen a reference to it here (yet!!)
- not directly Bond yet a silver DB5 couldn't be a more iconic reference really and there's a Bond reference in the first sentence description of the stamp on the Royal Mail site!

16043.jpg
INDUSTRY-Stamps-6_945-5712524.jpg

http://shop.royalmail.com/british-auto-legends/framed-british-auto-legends-stamps/invt/sku20130810

Released on 13 August as part of two sets making up 10 vehicles in total - 6 sports thoroughbreds and 4 workhorses under an Auto Legends theme.

I've just signed up here and am still reading everything so I may be some time catching up with contributions to discussions myself!. As I'm finding my feet I may have missed where this should be posted but merchandise seemed appropriate. A nice way of sending a letter and still showing your enthusiasm for all things Bond!

Andrew

Comments

• oo7oo7
    this should be on the front page. alot more interesting than that copy paste job about some extra from skyfall.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Very interesting news, thank you for sharing this @andmcit, they look lovely.

Regarding what you said @oo7, it was Daniel Craig's double from the Olympics stunt who died in a base-jumping accident, it's got every right to be a front page news.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Sandy wrote:
    Regarding what you said @oo7, it was Daniel Craig's double from the Olympics stunt who died in a base-jumping accident, it's got every right to be a front page news.

I think he means this article

http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=11030&t=mi6&s=news
    Sandy wrote:

Thanks, I had no idea. Thanks for clearing this. My apologies @oo7.
  • oo7oo7
    Sandy wrote:
    Sandy wrote:

Thanks, I had no idea. Thanks for clearing this. My apologies @oo7.

No probs, That one article really wound me up for being none news and a copy paste from sky.com
    am I mistaken or did they not issue bond stamps last year though?
    yep found a pic
    120511-royal-mail-stamps2.jpg
    There was even voting online to choose the films from what I remember @oo7.
  • oo7oo7
    Occurs to me on the more obscure area of bond collecting and enjoyment has anyone made a thread dedicated to board games featuring bond?
    sorry for going off topic
    oo7 wrote:
    No probs, That one article really wound me up for being none news and a copy paste from sky.com am I mistaken or did they not issue bond stamps last year though?
    yep found a pic
    120511-royal-mail-stamps2.jpg

This may seem very pedantic which isn't the intention whatsoever, but those pictured weren't actual stamps but labels that were on a single commemorative sheet that would individually sit alongside the Union flag stamp. It's still available online for £15 according to Royal Mail:

AV017large.jpg

http://shop.royalmail.com/stamp-sheets/commemorative-sheet-james-bond/invt/sku00000448/

This Aston one is an actual single that is sold as a first class stamp separately. The x6 Fleming novel covers in Jan 2008 were available separately too showing x4 different covers each.

6a00d83451cbb069e200e54fb615f98833-800wi.jpg
    oo7 wrote:
    Occurs to me on the more obscure area of bond collecting and enjoyment has anyone made a thread dedicated to board games featuring bond?
    sorry for going off topic

The only Bond board game I have is Scene it:

scene_it_bond_lg.jpg

If you haven't got this, be quick, there's one left on Amazon:

Picture35-4.png

It's great to have interactive clips with questions off the dvd - my only problem is I can't find anyone prepared to play me now as I'm too into Bond and know most of the answers - there are a few that elude me but I'm working on it...
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    The Royal Mail has specific rules about what can appear on stamps. The most relevant here is that no living person can be depicted unless they are Royalty (and some other narrow exceptions). That is why the posters couldn't be real stamps and were labels instead.