Universal takes over The Da Vinci Code and start making ''Inferno''

M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
edited July 2013 in General Movies & TV Posts: 4,444
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/27800/howard-hanks-team-for-brown-s-inferno

Howard, Hanks Team For Brown's "Inferno"

By Garth Franklin Wednesday July 17th 2013 02:37AM
Howard, Hanks Team For Brown's "Inferno"

Tom Hanks and filmmaker Ron Howard are teaming for a third film featuring the Robert Langdon character from author Dan Brown's books for Universal Pictures.

Following "The Da Vinci Code" and "Angels and Demons," the duo have opted to skip the Washington-centric "The Lost Symbol" in favor of Brown's latest work "Inferno".

While 'Angels' was essentially a chase thriller around Rome landmarks, "Inferno" is the same in Florence.
This time Langdon wakes up in hospital with amnesia, various brutal mercenaries out to kill him
, and a mysterious madman seemingly intent on unleashing a pandemic on the world. The key to this riddle lies within an artist's rendering of Dante's Inferno.

David Koepp is adapting the script, and Universal has already announced a December 18th 2015 release.

Source: Deadline

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I'd fix your spoiler tag. I already knew the plot (thank you Wikipedia), but others here don't.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Thanks for the info! I like Tom Hanks and Ron Howard; happy they are working together. I didn't care that much for the first film, didn't see the second, but I'll keep an eye on this one and depending upon the scuttlebutt, I just may go see it.
    Inferno was a decent pageturner of a book, well suited for hollidays laying lazy aroun on the beach.

Like the previous two movies I will surely catch them when they are shown on the telly.
    The Da Vinci Code was a bit botched and I'm not sure Hanks was really the right guy for the role, someone like Kurt Russell would have been a better choice for me, Angels and Demons was an improvment though (although it was a better book as well).
    The Lost Symbol was a decent read so I am suprised they are missing this one out.
    The lost symbol lost me twice around the 100 page mark and when I read reviews on the book it is less liked than the other three.

I think that Inferno has a better shot of being cinema since "the lost symbol" might be compared with the second Nicolas Cage vehicle National treasure 2 which went along similar lines in the US capital.

Inferno can also be a tourist puller with Florence as centrepiece. And of course the underground resevoir which was also the scene for some FRWL action.
    Look forward to this. Do like Tom Hanks in this role.