Movie Screenings

RikRik Southend
edited July 2013 in News Posts: 67
I saw this series of screenings of the Bond films happening stateside

http://www.plazaatlanta.com/coming-soon.html

How I would love for something similar here in the UK

Comments

I like that they're showing every last Bond film, even NSNA, rather than just limiting the program to the same old popular titles, as good as they may be. From what we've seen in this forum, there's a lot of subjectivity in choosing one's favorites. What I'd really like to see would be a Bond double feature once a week; this Bond-a-Day program looks a bit challenging to keep up with. When I was in my early 20s living in the Boston area, I was a regular at one revival cinema's Film Noir Monday double features. I think I made it to 51 or the 52 shows that year. There's nothing quite like seeing Bond films in a movie theater, as much as I enjoy revisiting them on Blu-Ray.
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 136
    Yeah, I've heard of this. They're more than likely just digital screenings, but still pretty cool. I remember the same theater played GODZILAL VS. THE SEA MONSETR a few years back. Missed it by a day!
    Godzilla and James Bond? My kind of theater!
  • RikRik Southend
    [quote="Dr_Yes" What I'd really like to see would be a Bond double feature once a week[/quote]

I know a cinema that would be willing to do double bill screenings of the movies. But it would be probably one a month. I'd arrange it myself but don't have the funds to hire the screen or know who to get permission from to show the films. Someone at Sony or Fox now I suppose.
  • RikRik Southend
    OK, I've looked into this a bit further and I have a cinema in London willing to do double bill screenings of the movies but they need permission to do so for copyright laws.
    I have no idea who to contact for this, would it be EON? MGM? Fox?
    Does anyone happen to know who would need to be contacted to gain permission to show the films on the big screen?

Any help would be appreciated.