Questions about QOS' Concluding Instrumental

edited June 2013 in Music Posts: 2,483
After the final frame disappears, and after the Bond theme--belatedly--plays, there is an extremely cool instrumental piece. Does the piece have a name, and did Arnold compose it?

A pity the concluding instrumental wasn't used with the title credits instead of the nauseating AWTD.

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited June 2013 Posts: 13,350
    All questions can be asked here @Perilagu_Khan:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/2843/the-james-bond-questions-thread

But to answer yours, it's called Crawl, End Crawl and was written by Arnold.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Samuel001 wrote:
    All questions can be asked here @Perilagu_Khan:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/2843/the-james-bond-questions-thread

But to answer yours, it's called Crawl, End Crawl and was written by Arnold.

Wasn't it made by Four Tet?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Performed by Four Tet, written by Arnold.

It says this in the end credits.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    And made as a last minute decision with little time before the premiere.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I love that piece, and it works well for the ending for some reason.
    MrBond wrote:

Funny how it so often transpires that some of the best creative work is the most rushed.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    MrBond wrote:

Funny how it so often transpires that some of the best creative work is the most rushed.

Yep, that is often my strategy. I work down to the wire, probably because that is the only way I know how to, and don't feel motivated to do something until a day or two before it is all due. I still get As, so I think it works fine for me. Maybe not for everyone, though... :P
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    MrBond wrote:

Yep, that is often my strategy. I work down to the wire, probably because that is the only way I know how to, and don't feel motivated to do something until a day or two before it is all due. I still get As, so I think it works fine for me. Maybe not for everyone, though... :P

I agree, the pressure makes one motivated to do the best possible work.
    You also don't have time to overthink and overpolish what you're working on. Occasionally, a raw utterance is best.
  • The song also got further use in the Zelda games. Personally, I don't think too much of it and don't watch the end credits for a listen.