Adapt Skyfall to another Bond's era

edited June 2013 in Skyfall Posts: 4,400
This could be interesting. How would Skyfall look had it come out in another actor's era? Who would have played the roles,etc?
I think the plot should essentially stay the same ie Silva wants revenge after feeling betrayed by M/ Bond disappears only to later reappear/ Bond goes to protect M at Skyfall.
It's a weird but also really interesting notion that Connery's Bond would have gone to such great lengths to save Lee's M.
Interpret away!

Comments

What a fun idea! I'll have to give it some thought, but right way I'm imagining how well Dalton would have worked in a story like this!!!

fangirl_scream_by_foreverincompetent-d5lj690.gif
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Skyfall would have been a great way for Brosnan's tenure to end, especially as M was beginning to become more prominent in his tenure. Would have been far better than the piss take that was DAD.
    Basically Skyfall feels it was meant for Brosnan's Bond

considering it is more outlandish and does feel similar to The World is Not Enough...
    I disagree. Skyfall is for Craig-bond. Skyfall didn't really require a lot from Craig. That is way EON wants it.
    Brosnan didn't deserve a film as good as Skyfall. (Also, while we're on this topic, my current Bondathon has brought me to TWINE and I will concede that, while he's not great in the role, it is absolutely his best performance - I've seen DAD enough times to know he falls flat on his face in comparison, so I don't need another re-watch to be certain of this - and he did have a couple decent moments in the film)

Anyway, somebody already beat me to Dalton (and your post is making my computer lag; could you possibly make that gif about 500% smaller or take it out entirely?). I could see Skyfall for Dalton's Bond, though the ending would be less emotional with a male M. Dalton would be hit hard by his boss' death in front of him, but the tenderness and peacefulness that came with Dench's M dying in Craig's Bond's arms wouldn't be there. Dalton's reaction would be much grittier, much angrier.
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 12,837
    CR would've been more suited to Dalton imo.

Skyfall would've been perfect for a final Brosnan movie.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited June 2013 Posts: 4,436
    ''Problem'' with Daniel Craig era is that sometimes things better to understand later on.
    See Bond strugle in QOS is more intresting then Vesper Death in CR and same way i think the strugle in Bond 25 about previous happenings.

I think Skyfall after DAD (I think it wil be good to have another movie in between before Skyfall in that case.) will survive longer then now there is more time between those and Skyfall from now. The things i like from the movie wil get to higher level too, but as said the moost wil win with the things iam afraid of now wil boring after a whyle or i don't like. Skyfall as prequel of CR and QOS i see it work, QOS wil mabey win a lot of it too because mabey people understand the symbol better if Skyfall comes first.

A thing i mabey can be problem is that Skyfall from now have remembers from Twine and DAD. But not everthing from that is bad, every Bond movie from Brosnan era have somebody who return from the past.

To like/get more gripp on the DC movies there should be made quiker, the long time between QOS and between Skyfall and Bond 24 isn't good.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    The only other actor I could see Skyfall working for is Brosnan
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 4,400
    SF would have worked wonderfully as Brosnan's last film.

However, because the prods only really started taking risks after CR, I think SF under Broz would have been a great film in part but have suffered greatly in other parts.

For instance I think the action quota would immediately go up; SF only really has 2 big action segments, I think the prods would likely have needed a much bigger action piece in Shanghai and then really amped up the underground chase as well. Also i doubt they would let the film run to 2hr23mins they would need to shave around 10-15mins out of the film.

I'm not even sure M would get to be the female lead. She will still be the character the plot is centred around but I think it likely that Dench would have a glorified supporting role while either Eve take a more centric role at least until the Skyfall lodge finale, where I'd imagine Eve would also join Bond (Also Eve wouldn't turn into Moneypenny as this would still have been a Samantha Bond film).

Furthermore, the film is relatively dark in tone and I think under any other Bond's reign a customary comic-relief character would be carved. I think Eve would fill this role, I think she would become much more bungling in any other era (Sort of like Kara, Bond's inept sidekick).