Roger Deakins CBE

TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
edited June 2013 in News Posts: 2,667
Skyfall cinematographer Roger Deakins has been awarded a CBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours list:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22626487

Some consolation, at least, for being robbed of an Oscar by the CGI-based "Life of Pi".

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    He deserves this, I am sure, for his great body of work. Congratulations indeed to Deakins! Happy to hear about this honor.
    Julian Wyatt Glover is on the honour list also.
    as is Adele.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    How many are getting these sorts of honours every year?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Adele MBE and Roger CBE! Congratulations to them both.
    MrBond wrote:
    How many are getting these sorts of honours every year?

Including notable members of the public, it can be in the hundreds.
  • Dragonpol2Dragonpol2 The Crazy World of Daniel Dragonpol
    Well done and well deserved to Roger Deakins, then.
    Congratulations to both Adele and Roger on this recognition! Both thoroughly deserved too! =D>
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    At least Her Maj appreciates Deakins even if the academy doesnt.

Sir Tony Robinson?

The fat sports presenter bird an OBE?

Weird tranny nutter Grayson Perry a CBE?

I know its a cliche but it really does seem they hand them out like smarties these days.

Just to put it into perspective the fat sports bird got it for 'services to broadcasting and journalism' after being on telly for what? 5 years tops and all shes ever done is the horse racing, athletics and paralympics.

Whereas broadcasting and journalism leviathan Paxman has absolutely nothing despite a career of over 20 years and filing reports from war zones. Farcical.

But then I think shes quite posh so its a clear case of who you know I suppose.
  • Dragonpol2Dragonpol2 The Crazy World of Daniel Dragonpol
    At least Her Maj appreciates Deakins even if the academy doesnt.

Sir Tony Robinson?

The fat sports presenter bird an OBE?

Weird tranny nutter Grayson Perry a CBE?

I know its a cliche but it really does seem they hand them out like smarties these days.

Just to put it into perspective the fat sports bird got it for 'services to broadcasting and journalism' after being on telly for what? 5 years tops and all shes ever done is the horse racing, athletics and paralympics.

Whereas broadcasting and journalism leviathan Paxman has absolutely nothing despite a career of over 20 years and filing reports from war zones. Farcical.

But then I think shes quite posh so its a clear case of who you know I suppose.

It's all done under the royal prerogative - i.e. the British Govt. decides, not HM The Queen. They take a least three proffers from members of the public or MPs and it's taken from there. I'm sure you knew that though. Perhaps Paxman's a bit too right-wing for this lot of lily-livered Liberals?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Better late than never: Julian Glover has also been given a CBE. That makes three Bond alumni.