Ian Fleming's Incredible Creation - a must have

edited June 2013 in Literary 007 Posts: 686
I found a paperback by Paul Antony and Jacquelyn Fried called "007 Ian Fleming's Incredible Creation". I highly recommend it, even if you do not agree with all of the conclusions. There is very interesting analysis of the race of the villains you have not read anywhere else.

The authors defends the Bond novels by saying that Bond's morality does not exist outside of society's framework. I wish that Timothy Dalton could get a copy to understand that Fleming's Bond is not a cold blooded Murder.

Comments

• Timothy Dalton's Bond doesn't murder anyone in cold blood really, does he?

In TLD, he disobeys his orders to kill the "sniper", risking his job. He later shows extreme reluctance to assassinate Pushkin and, again, directly disobeys his order to do so...

Connery and Moore (Connery in particular) were far more cold blooded.

Thanks for the recommendation - hadn't heard of the book.
    Timothy Dalton's Bond doesn't murder anyone in cold blood really, does he?

In TLD, he disobeys his orders to kill the "sniper", risking his job. He later shows extreme reluctance to assassinate Pushkin and, again, directly disobeys his order to do so...

I am commenting on what Dalton said in EON "Everything or Nothing" about Fleming Bond - more about that later.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Perdogg wrote:
    Timothy Dalton's Bond doesn't murder anyone in cold blood really, does he?

I am commenting on what Dalton said in EON "Everything or Nothing" about Fleming Bond - more about that later.

I have never heard Dalton mention that, but hey, everyone has their opinion on who Bond is.

I find those claiming Bond is a "sociopath" far more annoying and dead wrong.
    The book was written when On Her Majesty's Secret Service was the last novel.
    Here is a quote I found, I wrote How to Write A James Bond Novel before I read this:

"Since it is the villain who will decide the course of the book, the racial character will set the work in which he appears apart from every other James Bond Thriller"
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Sounds very interesting. I'll have to track this one down.