Bond at his best when driving British!

edited June 2013 in Bond Movies Posts: 11,189
Thought I'd share this infographic a friend of mine produced. It contains the stats of the cars featured in all the films. We all know which car is the most successful/iconic but what about the others?

http://www.carloan4u.co.uk/infographics/which-bond-car-drives-ticket-sales/

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Very interesting site there, @BAIN123, thanks so much for making that link available.
  • 007InVT007InVT Classified
    Where the hell is a Bentley!

I hope they bring it back, after all it's the primary vehicle of Fleming's Bond.
    edited June 2013 Posts: 17,809
    007InVT wrote:
    Where the hell is a Bentley!

I hope they bring it back, after all it's the primary vehicle of Fleming's Bond.

Agreed very much. "Bring Bond back in a Bentley" is my plaintive cry that goes unanswered throughout the ages!
    A strongly worded letter to EON perhaps? ;)
    007InVT wrote:
    A strongly worded letter to EON perhaps? ;)

I'd happily co-author it with you. Both Ian Fleming and John Gardner rightly championed the Bentley in their respective novels so now is the time for action!
  • Bentley wouldn't make sense for me now, I'm afraid. The marque has changed its position in the market way too much. Aston Martin seems like a sensible replacement. A bit like the update from Rolex to Omega.
    I quite agree. I think a petition would be good too.
    Bentley wouldn't make sense for me now, I'm afraid. The marque has changed its position in the market way too much. Aston Martin seems like a sensible replacement. A bit like the update from Rolex to Omega.

So this is an old clunker then? ;)

de0004efc5c7b509c98da9aba37fd61d.jpg
    007InVT wrote:
    Bentley wouldn't make sense for me now, I'm afraid. The marque has changed its position in the market way too much. Aston Martin seems like a sensible replacement. A bit like the update from Rolex to Omega.

Yes, a bullnose Bentley is the only way forward for something fresh. Aston Martins are done to death, surely?
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited June 2013 Posts: 9,117
    A pretty flawed survey. Of course the films with British cars will have taken more money overall as Bond drives British more often.

This is just a very quick computation (wait until suivez ce parachute gets hold of this!) but if we divide box office by number of films then a different pattern emerges:

British - 8bil/13 = 615,384,615 per film
    American - 2bil/3 = 666,666,666 per film (I know that it says on that survey that Bond drives 4 yank vehicles but Cherokee Jeep in MR? I'm pretty sure he doesnt even drive anything except a horse and a boat. Hes a passenger in a plane, a helicopter, a centrifuge, Drax's car (Rolls?), a gondola/hovercraft, another Rolls, a cable car, an amublance, a shitty little buggy underground with Holly and a space shuttle but does he at any time take the wheel of a motor vehicle?).
    German - 1.5bil/3 = 500,000,000 per film.
    French - 322,173,633 per film

So the only thing to conclude is English speaking cars do better than non-English speaking and American best of all. So a station wagon for B24?

Would have loved Bond in one of those new Bentleys but I'm afraid by letting them be the preserve of footballers that Bentley are allowing their brand to be tarnished like Burberry was.

Next time Rooney or Katie Price walks into a Bentley showroom they should be politely but firmly told to leave.
    edited June 2013 Posts: 893
    Where Bentleys Are Born

I seriously want this guy's job. Damn him!

• 007InVT wrote:

Ha! I didn't mean that they were old clunkers. The opposite really.

Bentley, in the UK at least, is now associated with the super-rich. The sort of cars that multi-millionaires drive. Bentley would probably be more suitable for a villain now (IMO). Very Gustav Graves.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Where does Bond drive a Jeep Cherokee in MR? Infact where does a Jeep Cherokee appear in MR?
    Also I'd say the Alfa Romeo GTV was Bonds car in OP albeit stolen. But the Alfa is used to better effect.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Give me Pierce Brosnan in an Alfa Romeo and I am a happy girl.
    As long as I'm in it with him ;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited June 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Give me Pierce Brosnan in an Alfa Romeo and I am a happy girl.
    As long as I'm in it with him ;)

Even if you're in the trunk? ;)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    If he's in the trunk with me, then, why - yes. :D
    Benny wrote:
    Where does Bond drive a Jeep Cherokee in MR? Infact where does a Jeep Cherokee appear in MR?
    Also I'd say the Alfa Romeo GTV was Bonds car in OP albeit stolen. But the Alfa is used to better effect.

Good question. Was it one of Drax's cars at the grouse shoot at all? But then it would not be a Bond car.

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Benny wrote:

Good question. Was it one of Drax's cars at the grouse shoot at all? But then it would not be a Bond car.

Plain and simple - he doesn't.
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Benny wrote:

Plain and simple - he doesn't.

I thought as much myself. It does rather detract from the website to have such a glaring error in full view. He did drive the Moonraker yellow jeep thingy, though.
    I came across this at the weekend. Beautiful.

f87358b2654c708fd7774765e605a703.jpg
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    007InVT wrote:
    I came across this at the weekend. Beautiful.

f87358b2654c708fd7774765e605a703.jpg

Bangtidy but don't want it to be his new car for Bond 24.
    "Bangtidy" - I think I know what you're saying.

I quite like it ;)
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    007InVT wrote:
    "Bangtidy" - I think I know what you're saying.

I quite like it ;)

It means it's fit :)