Penelope Cruz cast in Bond 24

Comments

Oddly, they're angling the news with regard to her age.
    I'm taking this with a grain of salt...
    MaxRebo120 wrote:
    I'm taking this with a grain of salt...

Since UPI is basing this story on something put out by Perez Hilton, I'd say your misgivings are warranted. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 4,622
    I very much approve of this choice, however Perez has no source for his story, so this story isn't worth much at this stage.
    Is she the first name that's been put out there?
    We should start an official thread for all Bond-girl rumours. By the time we are done, we should have about 40 names. :) including the two or three that actually make the grade.

Here's a list I put together leading up SF, based on various published rumours that I stumbled across. It's by no means complete.

1. Rachel Weisz (no longer in consideration)
    2..Israeli model turned actress Esti Ginzburg.
    3. Nollywood darling, actress Genevieve Nnaji
    4. British actress Naiome Harris per News of the World.(Moneypenny unconfirmed)
    5. Margarita Levieva, 31 year old Russian beauty, according to British tabloid, The Mirror
    6.According to the Daily Mail's Baz Bamigboye, French actress Bérénice Marlohe
    7.Tang Wei, favourite among numbers 7-11 for villain role, according to Chinese outlet, Sina
    8. Fan Bingbing
    9. Li Bingbing
    10. Shu Qi
    11. Josie Ho
    It's surprising getting these rumours when if Mendes is directing, Bond 24 won't even be be coming out until 2015. Still, if this is true, Cruz is busy so she'd have to be signed on well in advance.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Don't believe it for a second...
    Sure there's no need for another Bond 24 thread. There's already about 15,000 of the goddamn things around the forum so maybe you can include it in there. Is this what it is, just a rumor, and with no confirmation ? Nothing seems set in stone, and you don't know what to believe anymore with regards to the next release. I'll wait for confirmation on this and take it from there, it could well be nothing

Say this though, Cruz is indeed a fine looking woman, and would be a great addition to the Bond franchise, but have to say, it's a bit of a surprise name, if indeed it is true, but once again, can't read too much into this. Maybe just bored news hacks looking for a story

As Johnathan Pryce said himself - They'll print anything these days
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 4,622
    Given the long lead-up and dubious source, I'd want at least 30-1 odds in order to place a bet on Cruz's chances.
    ==
    The actual Bond-girls for SF were of course, Harris and Marlohe, rumoured correctly, plus:

Tonia Sotiropolou as Bond's Lover

None of the Asian actresses rumoured above made the cut
    According to IMDB here's the one's that did
    Yennis Cheung as Floating Dragon Cashier
    Angela Tran as Floating Dragon Barmaid

Thus I count 5 Bond-girls, ie actresses hired for their attractive look as much as anything.

Yennis Cheug
    MV5BMjA3MzMwODkxN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTk2ODUwOQ@@._V1._SX640_SY383_.jpg
    Angela Tran
    she doesn't appear to have any kind of web profile. I am not sure I can even place her SF scene.
    Speaking of Harris, I'm not sure how much I like her as Moneypenny. Okay, back on topic... :)
    is it bull probably would I like it especially considering how she is hotter then girls half her age yes very much plus it would show the producers aren't youth driven when casting the women
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited June 2013 Posts: 23,561
    I never trust these rumours so early in the pre-pre-production phase. Wishful thinking from certain Internet people is often sold as truth, gets picked up by the most ridiculous tabloids and spread even further.

EDIT: I think we can safely close this thread in favour of this one:
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/7015/bond-24-official-bond-girl-rumour-list-thread#Item_3
This discussion has been closed.