Last album you listened to?

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    THE BLACK ANGELS_PHOSPHENE DREAM
    FoxRox wrote: »

God I love this album, and this tune has become an absolute favorite of mine. Originally had The Who Sell Out at #6 in my ranking of The Who albums, but I'm thinking it will have to move up at least one spot, maybe two.

The Who Sell Out is my favourite The Who album @FoxRox.

God I love this album, and this tune has become an absolute favorite of mine. Originally had The Who Sell Out at #6 in my ranking of The Who albums, but I'm thinking it will have to move up at least one spot, maybe two.

Great choice! My big 3 have to be Quadrophenia, Who's Next, and Tommy - possibly in that order. But I'd probably give The Who Sell Out #4. I was thinking of doing a thorough re-run of all the albums again really soon (I listen to individual favorites all the time still). It would be fun to re-rank and come up with a best songs list.
    edited June 2020 Posts: 45,489
    FAMLENDE FORSØK_RETURN OF MONSTER ATTACK
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 17,272

Great choice! My big 3 have to be Quadrophenia, Who's Next, and Tommy - possibly in that order. But I'd probably give The Who Sell Out #4. I was thinking of doing a thorough re-run of all the albums again really soon (I listen to individual favorites all the time still). It would be fun to re-rank and come up with a best songs list.
    All of these albums are among the best, that's for sure! I wouldn't know where to start with a best song list actually, as there are so many to choose from (though there are several that stands out). My album ranking is:

1. The Who Sell Out
    2. Quadrophenia
    3. Who's Next
    4. My Generation
    5. Tommy
    6. A Quick One
    7. The Who By Numbers
    8. Who Are You
    9. It's Hard
    10. Face Dances
    11. Endless Wire

I've yet to listen to Who. A a fan, I probably should have listened to it when it came out last year, but I thought to myself at the time that I need to save it for the right moment – something I do for important releases (if you know what I mean). I've yet to find the perfect opportunity to give it a listen, so it's still on my to-do list. At least I know I have something to look forward to.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    1. Quadrophenia.

Regarding the 2019 album Who, I was not aware. I'm pursuing that now, thanks @Torgeirtrap.

WHO_%28The_Who_2019_album%29.jpeg
    I’ll definitely go for Who (2019) at the end; I’ve not heard it yet either! So far I’ve done the first 5 albums. All terrific, and IMO progressively better and better!
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 1,009
    OK, I can't find anything to embed, so I'll say I'm listening to the full discography of The Beach Boys.
    THE CULT_ELECTRIC
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 17,272
    1. Quadrophenia.

Regarding the 2019 album Who, I was not aware. I'm pursuing that now, thanks @Torgeirtrap.

WHO_%28The_Who_2019_album%29.jpeg

You're welcome! I haven't seen many articles or mentions of the album. I imagine if it wasn't for the Covid-19 situation, The Who would be touring and promoting the album now.
    I’ll definitely go for Who (2019) at the end; I’ve not heard it yet either! So far I’ve done the first 5 albums. All terrific, and IMO progressively better and better!

I have a soft spot for the first few albums. There's something about early Who that's just so enjoyable, and I can't get enough of it. I guess playful would be a good way to describe those albums. Sometimes just funny or bizarre too:

THE MISSION_ANOTHER FALL FROM GRACE
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited June 2020 Posts: 23,267
    Nuclear Scam
    SECTION 25_DEUS EX MACHINA
    THE BRIAN JONESTOWN MASSACRE
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.

This is unbelievable. All of it.
    81e88cc0ea51deee3c244a6338205ec0_S.jpg
    Who (2019), by The Who

1. "All This Music Must Fade" 3:20
    2. "Ball and Chain" 4:29
    3. "I Don't Wanna Get Wise" 3:54
    4. "Detour" 3:46
    5. "Beads on One String" (Pete Townshend and Josh Hunsaker) 3:40
    6. "Hero Ground Zero" 4:52
    7. "Street Song" 4:47
    8. "I'll Be Back" 5:01
    9. "Break the News" (Simon Townshend) 4:30
    10. "Rockin' in Rage" 4:04
    11. "She Rocked My World" 3:22
    Deluxe edition bonus tracks
    12. "This Gun Will Misfire" 3:36
    13. "Got Nothing to Prove" 3:38
    14. "Danny and My Ponies" 4:02
    15. "Sand" (Demo, Japan only) 4:27

"Break the News"

MY LIFE WITH THE THRILL KILL KULT_GAY, BLACK AND MARRIED
    Katherine Jenkins's Cinema Paradiso, a compendium of famous movie themes, by the likes of Ennio Morricone (of course) Arthur Freed (I was skipping on my way to work listening to "Singin in the Rain"), Lady Gaga and others. Too bad her version of DAF wasn't included, but John Barry wasn't forgotten :

PANTHA DU PRINCE_XI VERSIONS OF BLACK NOISE
    JOHNNY MATHIS_THIS IS LOVE
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Cracking Score
    ARTS AND DECAY_STONE TALK
    As a tribute to you know who :

OCCULT BOX
    ROME_A PASSAGE TO RHODESIA
    HANK WILLIAMS_I SAW THE LIGHT
    edited July 2020 Posts: 45,489
    ROME_LE CENERI DI HELIODORO
    DAVE GAHAN & SOULSAVERS_ANGELS & GHOSTS
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 17,272
    DAVE GAHAN & SOULSAVERS_ANGELS & GHOSTS

Dave Gahan and Soulsavers is a great collab!
    THE FALL_SINISTER WALTZ
  • FelixTheLeiterCatFelixTheLeiterCat California

Sellout darn good record, very interesting how rael made it into tommy, sparks, a tommy prequel, predecessor. and tatoo is another fine tune, also tommy esque, also made me think of moody blues, days of future passed for some reason. ah, the 60s, when the who ripped it up at monterey pop '67 - pioneer great festival. rock on...

signed, Felix "I can see for miles..."