Anybody here wished they could play a Bond villain?

edited May 2013 in Actors Posts: 14,824
It is often said every man wished they could be or play James Bond. It was maybe my case when I was a kid, but if I was a professional actor (I did acting but never to that level), I would want to play a Bond villain. Providing of course that the script is good.

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I'd kill to the be the new Blofeld, or the new Scaramanga.
    I am a bit too short and still too young for Blofeld, but if I was an actor this is the role I would like to play. The one from the novel's of course.
    I'd be thrilled just to be a nameless henchman, but with at least one line (before being spectacularly killed)...

American Thug [shoving pistol barrel to the back of Bond's neck): Shut your pie-hole, limey.
    CraterGuns wrote:
    I'd be thrilled just to be a nameless henchman, but with at least one line (before being spectacularly killed)...

American Thug [shoving pistol barrel to the back of Bond's neck): Shut your pie-hole, limey.

I could settle with that, I know I could never be the next Red Grant (as I have neither the physique nor the amazing acting skills of Robert Shaw), so a low level henchman shot dead by Bond I wouldn't mind. That said I do dream of being a Bond villain.
    I always wanted to play a Bond Villian. I would like to be Ernest Stavro Blofeld or Alec Trevelyn.
    I would happily snap up the chance to just be an extra! On the very slightest opportunity that i may bump into the man himself! :D
    RogueAgent wrote:
    I would happily snap up the chance to just be an extra! On the very slightest opportunity that i may bump into the man himself! :D

I live near(ish) Pinewood Studios, maybe I should offer myself as an extra? Okay, not really realistic. And even if it was that easy to apply, I do have a full time job.
    Ludovico wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

I live near(ish) Pinewood Studios, maybe I should offer myself as an extra? Okay, not really realistic. And even if it was that easy to apply, I do have a full time job.

Imagine that it paid off though! 8-}
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

One can dream. I went to a job interview in Pinewood Studios, a few years ago. I actually refused the job offer.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I really am such a kind person I cannot relate to being a villain - and yet!
    Oh I would accept being Fiona in Thunderball. Totally because of Sean, of course. ;)
    I really am such a kind person I cannot relate to being a villain - and yet!
    Oh I would accept being Fiona in Thunderball. Totally because of Sean, of course. ;)

You can be a kind person and play great villains.
    Ludovico wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

One can dream. I went to a job interview in Pinewood Studios, a few years ago. I actually refused the job offer.

No way? If you don't mind? What was the job? Don't tell me it was a sponge boy for the Bond Ladies? ;)
    It would of been something to have played Scaramanga in Golden Gun, but as it is, Christopher Lee did such a great job of it, I couldn't even quite envisage anyone else in the part, but that's the villain I do think would be most enjoyable to get involved in. Not really for it in present day releases or future events, and it seems that's what this thread is alluding to, but for past Bond adventures, that would most likely be the first name to go with
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I'm a mod on this forum. So naturally I already am a villain. >:)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Only to trolls. ;)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    DarthDimi wrote:

Do you expect us to talk?
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

No way? If you don't mind? What was the job? Don't tell me it was a sponge boy for the Bond Ladies? ;)

Oh it had nothing to do with cinema, sadly. The job was of a linguistic game tester: checking the French version of video games. There were just better job lining up for me, that said I sometimes regret not taking it just because of the working place. But a lunch there would have cost me an hour of my wage. That said, it was the best chicken sandwich I ever ate.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited May 2013 Posts: 28,694
    DarthDimi wrote:

Do you expect us to talk?
    "No, Mr. @Agent007391, I expect you to flag!"
    >:)
    I don't have a specific Bond villain I'd like to play but I'd sure love to have a sexy Bond girl sit in my lap and flirt with me so I'd be distracted from my nefarious scheming long enough for 007 to escape and/or knock me unconscious...
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    I'd love to be a villian only a small part like a henchman or a soldier eg. Necros or Scarpine or like that soldier who shot at Bond in GE and then got shot nothing too big though.
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 1,661
    American actor Larry Drake would make a great James Bond villain. He played the evil Robert Durant in Sam Raimi's superhero flick Darkman. I think he's retired from acting - his last role was in 2009. I think he'd be ideal for the next Bond film. :)
    fanbond123 wrote:
    American actor Larry Drake would make a great James Bond villain. He played the evil Robert Durant in Sam Raimi's superhero flick Darkman. I think he's retired from acting - his last role was in 2009. I think he'd be ideal for the next Bond film. :)

This is utterly off topic.