Pierce Brosnan on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson

edited May 2013 in Actors Posts: 624
He was on yesterday promoting his new movie. He talks a bit about life after Bond.

Comments

Thanks for posting this. I still get the impression that he gets a little sick of all the Bond questions (who wouldn't, really?), but by and large he seems to be more at ease with everything. Seems like a good guy. A decent actor and a much better Bond than most around here will give him credit for.

Also, how cool is Craig Ferguson? Hands down, the funniest and most interesting man on television.
    A good fun interview! He looks like life is treating him well! Good on ya PB! Thanks for posting this interview! Hope I look as good as that at 60! :-B
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    That Sky Broadband ad is hilarious. It's great to see Brosnan being so ironic about his celebrity status. And he still has the Bond looks - I feel a little nostalgia coming up for the Brosnan years.
    Great interview!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    'you die if you worry an you die if you don't'. love it!
    zebrafish wrote:
    That Sky Broadband ad is hilarious. It's great to see Brosnan being so ironic about his celebrity status. And he still has the Bond looks - I feel a little nostalgia coming up for the Brosnan years.

That ad is simply brilliant! I have watched it a few times and it still makes me laugh like its the first time i have ever seen it! Good on you Pierce for being such a good sport! =D>
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited May 2013 Posts: 28,694

Yeah, Pierce is so funny in it. Brilliant commercial! :))
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

A guy I know is one of the people in the ad, he's the one who says "Wow" on the street. I always meant to ask what it would have been like to meet Pierce, if he did manage to meet him!
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 11,189

Very funny. I like how it mocks Brosnan's "cheesey" image (i.e. his grin) and he's a good sport for taking part. I've noticed he tends to mock himself in some interviews.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    BAIN123 wrote:

Very funny. I like how it mocks Brosnan's "cheesey" image (i.e. his grin) and he's a good sport for taking part. I've noticed he tends to mock himself in some interviews.

Maybe he has been inspired by Sir Roger? ;)
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 11,189
    Just watched the full interview. Its got some good moments but I've seen better to be honest. In the chats between the two I've seen before they both seem quite smug and Brosnan looks a little uncomfortable. His dismissive comment about Lazenby's mother loving him felt awkward and more than a bit unpleasent. You can tell its still a sore point for him and Craig shouldn't have brought it up. Broz seems to play up to the "showy" nature of the show.
    Sad to hear this Scottish bloke is retiring ;)
    hard to believe that 20+ years ago Craig Fergeson had his first tv role in Red Dwarf
    tumblr_ludc4ySkw71qgjvrso1_r1_400.jpg