Father Ted

samainsysamainsy Suspended
edited April 2013 in General Movies & TV Posts: 199
Hi does anyone else he used to watch Father Ted?So funny!!

Comments

I like SOME tv comedy . Will and Grace. The BigBang Theory. Father teds a cornerstone no doubt. Fresh comedy and VERY edgy.
    I loved Father Ted ! And there's no doubt I'm going to buy the DVD set, when I have enough money to do that. A masterpiece of Irish comedy.
  • samainsysamainsy Suspended
    Gerard wrote:
    I loved Father Ted ! And there's no doubt I'm going to buy the DVD set, when I have enough money to do that. A masterpiece of Irish comedy.
    I got it whats your fave?I like the Christmas one!! and the Tentacles of Doom and The Racist one I love all of them!!
    The best one is the Speed parody.
    Speed 3?
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 12,837
    samainsy wrote:
    Speed 3?

Yep. Love that one.

If you've seen the actual Speed movies it makes it even funnier.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Favourite bit - a sweary Mrs Doyle…"and the F word Farther, worse than feck, you know the one Father!"
    "It's wall-to-wall bastards in her books…"
    Classic stuff, and of course you can't beat Father Jack, "Girls! Feck! Drink!"
    Favourite bit - a sweary Mrs Doyle…"and the F word Farther, worse than feck, you know the one Father!"
    "It's wall-to-wall bastards in her books…"
    Classic stuff, and of course you can't beat Father Jack, "Girls! Feck! Drink!"

You cant no
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Down with this sort of thing!
    But seriously the first one I watched was Booting Bishop Brennan in the Arse.
    That was a long time ago but thinking back it always makes me laugh.
  • Close up... Far away.... Classic moment in a fatatastic comedy. If you've not watched it then you must. Ah, go on, go on, go on....
    Fantastic show! We were robbed of many more too!
  • RogueAgent wrote:
    Fantastic show! We were robbed of many more too!

True and perhaps not. I've read that the intention was only for the three series. Just weeks before his death Dermot Morgan said that he did not want to continue playing the role of Father Ted for fear of being typecast.

"I don't want to be the next Clive Dunn and end up playing the same character for years."

He had written a new TV drama series that was in the process of being made.

So in fact we were robbed of a brilliant comedy actor who's untimely death meant we did not get to see what else he had to offer. A real shame.

Still, he will always be remembered for his fantastic performances as Ted.
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    I loved this show, got the whole boxset! Dermot played Father Ted so well I cant imagine him out of Father Ted.