Disney shuts down Lucas Arts

QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
edited April 2013 in 007 Gaming Posts: 1,778
Sad day. Any Star Wars games that were coming out have now been cancelled as well.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/04/03/disney-closes-game-publisher-lucasarts.aspx

Maybe Disney will be kind enough to us fans and give us the games we want like Battlefont 3, Knights of the Old Republic 3, and Jedi Knight 4.

Comments

  • Shame. Star Wars: 1313 looked very good, and there was always the possibility of Battlefront 3 to look forward to.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Posts: 13,256
    Is the plan to starve us of Star Wars content to bring in more money when the next film is released? If so, it could work.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Posts: 7,721
    Y'know, I don't get Disney's strategy. Closing down and cancelling every big thing in the works for Star Wars is not the way to make Episode VII the best it can be. We may never get to see Star Wars Detours now, the awesome looking 1313 has a 5050 shot and The Clone Wars is now gone. Episode VII damn well better be the best thing I've ever seen, because all this loss is disappointing me.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Posts: 4,379
    well, there goes any hope of a Force Unleashed 3 anytime soon..

    thanks Disney X(
  • samainsysamainsy Suspended
    Posts: 199
    star wars is terrible
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Posts: 4,379
    samainsy wrote:
    star wars is terrible

  • SuperheroSithSuperheroSith SE London
    Posts: 578
    HASEROT wrote:
    samainsy wrote:
    star wars is terrible


    Got it in one.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Posts: 18,288
    samainsy wrote:
    star wars is terrible

    Why?
  • samainsysamainsy Suspended
    Posts: 199
    DarthDimi wrote:
    samainsy wrote:
    star wars is terrible

    Why?
    cos its boring

  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Posts: 18,288
    samainsy wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:
    samainsy wrote:
    star wars is terrible

    Why?
    cos its boring
    I love how you state opinion as fact. ;-) Anyway, millions of fans disagree with you but then perhaps you need a few more years to figure out the true significance and brilliance of Star Wars, friend. :-)

  • 002002
    Posts: 581
    aww man i loved Jedi Knight 2...goodbye Lucas Arts :(

  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 It was this or the priesthood.
    Posts: 28,231
    samainsy wrote:
    star wars is terrible

    For Fleming's sake, people like you annoy me. Why come into a thread obviously meant for Star Wars discussion by fans of the franchise, only to say "it is terrible", or "it is so lame" or "why would anyone like this?" You don't like it? Well, congratulations! Do you expect some kind of medal because of it? In the future, try to avoid posting in threads where your hate doesn't belong.
  • Posts: 1,404
    "Cos" he's probably one of those guys who hates popular things.

    Anyway this is terrible news. 1313 was looking fantastic and wasn't there a report that this First Assault game was a "test" for Battlefront 3? Oh well. The only silver lining is that when the new films come out, the games will come with them
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Posts: 7,721
    bondbat007 wrote:
    The only silver lining is that when the new films come out, the games will come with them

    And if they're based on the films, I will say this:



    Because Star Wars movie based games (not counting the oddly superb Lego Star Wars games) all suck massively.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Posts: 1,778
    bondbat007 wrote:
    The only silver lining is that when the new films come out, the games will come with them

    And if they're based on the films, I will say this:



    Because Star Wars movie based games (not counting the
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Posts: 1,778
    bondbat007 wrote:
    The only silver lining is that when the new films come out, the games will come with them

    And if they're based on the films, I will say this:



    Because Star Wars movie based games (not counting the oddly superb Lego Star Wars games) all suck massively.

    I disagree. The OT games (Super Star Wars, Super Empire Strikes Back, and Super Return of the Jedi) were fun, hard but fun.
    I don't really remember The Phantom Menace video game and Jedi Power Battles was really fun. I have many great memories playing the latter. I didn't really like the Obi-Wan game.
    I don't think there was ever an official Attack of the Clones game. I know they had some that took place during the events of the movie but nothing about the movie itself.
    The Revenge of the Sith video game wasn't half bad. I actually had a blast playing it. I liked the one on one lightsaber duels. I don't think they've had a Star Wars fighting game since Masters of Teras Kasi. I like it as a kid even though most people hated it.
    I tend to like most Star Wars games.

  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Posts: 1,778
    bondbat007 wrote:
    The only silver lining is that when the new films come out, the games will come with them

    And if they're based on the films, I will say this:



    Because Star Wars movie based games (not counting the oddly superb Lego Star Wars games) all suck massively.

    I disagree. The OT games (Super Star Wars, Super Empire Strikes Back, and Super Return of the Jedi) were fun, hard but fun.
    I don't really remember The Phantom Menace video game and Jedi Power Battles was really fun. I have many great memories playing the latter. I didn't really like the Obi-Wan game.
    I don't think there was ever an official Attack of the Clones game. I know they had some that took place during the events of the movie but nothing about the movie itself.
    The Revenge of the Sith video game wasn't half bad. I actually had a blast playing it. I liked the one on one lightsaber duels. I don't think they've had a Star Wars fighting game since Masters of Teras Kasi. I like it as a kid even though most people hated it.
    I tend to like most Star Wars games.

  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Posts: 1,778
    Ahhh!!! Sorry. Looks like a glitch happend.
  • Posts: 1,404
    The Episode III game was very good indeed.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Posts: 7,721
    Attack of the Clones was a GBA game. It sucked. Hard.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Posts: 1,778
  • samainsysamainsy Suspended
    Posts: 199
    DarthDimi wrote:
    samainsy wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:
    samainsy wrote:
    star wars is terrible

    Why?
    cos its boring
    I love how you state opinion as fact. ;-) Anyway, millions of fans disagree with you but then perhaps you need a few more years to figure out the true significance and brilliance of Star Wars, friend. :-)
    Well no offence but your 31 and you probaly saw it as a kid and the sort of stuff I watch on tv is probaly different to what you used to watch when you were my age which is 13. So thats my reason friend.

  • Posts: 4,731
    Attack of the Clones was a GBA game. It sucked. Hard.

    I agree! The better AOTC game for Game Boy Advance, which really took place in between episodes 2 and 3, was Star Wars: The New Droid Army. That game was actually extremely entertaining on GBA and had great replay value, unlike the actual AOTC GBA game.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Posts: 7,721
    samainsy wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:
    samainsy wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:
    samainsy wrote:
    star wars is terrible

    Why?
    cos its boring
    I love how you state opinion as fact. ;-) Anyway, millions of fans disagree with you but then perhaps you need a few more years to figure out the true significance and brilliance of Star Wars, friend. :-)
    Well no offence but your 31 and you probaly saw it as a kid and the sort of stuff I watch on tv is probaly different to what you used to watch when you were my age which is 13. So thats my reason friend.

    Yes, you probably watch "reality" shows, pretending that that's what really happens in life. You're probably one of those kids who throws up your nose at others who watch cartoons, aren't you? I'm all but certain that you simply hate Star Wars because others like it.
  • samainsysamainsy Suspended
    Posts: 199
    samainsy wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:
    samainsy wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:
    samainsy wrote:
    star wars is terrible

    Why?
    cos its boring
    I love how you state opinion as fact. ;-) Anyway, millions of fans disagree with you but then perhaps you need a few more years to figure out the true significance and brilliance of Star Wars, friend. :-)
    Well no offence but your 31 and you probaly saw it as a kid and the sort of stuff I watch on tv is probaly different to what you used to watch when you were my age which is 13. So thats my reason friend.

    Yes, you probably watch "reality" shows, pretending that that's what really happens in life. You're probably one of those kids who throws up your nose at others who watch cartoons, aren't you? I'm all but certain that you simply hate Star Wars because others like it.
    No Ifell asleep in it once and plus I dont like sci-fi

  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Posts: 7,721
    Granted, nobody's really been on this thread thanks to the troll samainsy, but I'm still surprised no one has posted this little bit of news:

    http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-14835-EA-Secures-Multi-Year-Deal-to-Develop-Star-Wars-Games.html

    Hopefully, this means that 1313 and Battlefront III are back on track.
Sign In or Register to comment.