A close shave may have brought them intimately together; but what if Money Penny should be kidnapped

JRRJRR
edited March 2013 in General Discussion Posts: 74
007’s priorities could be a weakened should a new nemesis understand there is a vulnerability concealed within a close but protectively resisted relationship held between Bond and his very attractive new sometimes field agent.

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Well, yes we had M kidnapped in TWINE, didn't we? Unsure where this thread should go; Bond movies? Not news though.

Don't think I'd care to see Moneypenny kidnapped, don't feel that would be a good story angle. I do think, however, they will give her more to do than open the door and have some snappy repartee with Bond, though.
    Wouldn't make much interest, I think, kidnapping a secretary, however close to M. And if they want Bond and Moneypenny's relationship to remain platonic, the last thing to do is make her central to a plot where there is a high emotional stake.
    Bad idea imo. It's bad enough they felt the need to give Moneypenny a backstory and make her an ex field agent, so I really don't want Harris to become the next Dench (takes what should be a minor role, gets lots of screentime and story involvement).
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    And then Liam Neeson punches through the wall and says, "Third time's the charm."
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited March 2013 Posts: 4,441
    Kidnapped Q and Moneypenny i have in mind. Q because my Q whas M (Judi Dench) Ex-husband and a reference to Desmond and DAF. Moneypenny there faild and only because to bring Bond on trail and have litle misunderstanding between her and Tanner.
  • Not the best suggestion of a plot to be honest. No disrespect the Moneypenny but she's not an essential part of the 'business' so to speak. If she was kidnaped, the response from Mi6 would be that they don't negotiate with terrorists and they would not waste valuable resource to attempt to rescue her. She's not a VIP, not even to Bond. I'm mean he can't even bring himself to bed her, he only flirts out of boredom when he's having to pop into the office.
    Always felt Denchs M got to much screen time and plot involvement for my liking. I think when the likes of M or Q or Moneypenny becoming central to the plot, is when the writers are low on ideas.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 18
    Removed by a moderator
  • It's a brilliant plot suggestion. Why? Cos Ian Fleming suggested he'd do it himself, when chatting to Lois Maxwell before he died (would have been a one-sided conversation after he'd died, mind). Or am I wrong (rethinks) something like, Bond will be in such a jam that only Moneypenny can get him out of it? Hmmm...

That said, maybe he was just saying it to charm her or something, whisky small talk. Or maybe even she made it up, to swing the producers into commissioning just such a plot...
    Would this just not echo of the M kidnapping in TWINE though?
  • They've got to run out of ways to make it, "This time it's personal (again)!" sooner or later. Felix and his wife, an evil 00, an ex-lover, another ex-lover and M kidnapped, captured and tortured, inexperienced and in love, seeking revenge, M attacked. I guess Moneypenny is the only option left.
    How about Q? Once captured he could pull out a selection of concealed gadgets from his tweed suit! And hey presto!!!! :-B 007 can retire and i can go into the field! :-)) :-bd
    I don't think it would be a good idea. Although knowing how important secretaries are to many organisations, especially if they work directly under high ranking decision makers, kidnapping her may create more havoc than kidnapping M.
  • Too soap opera, like what happened to M in TWINE. This is Bond, not the The Bill.