Re-using sound effects!

edited March 2013 in Bond Movies Posts: 69
Ok, I hope the mods will allow a new discussion for this.
I'm not talking about similar sounding effects, I mean re-using the same old ones. In some cases 20 years later!
I'm going to start with that juicy tyre ripping / deflating sound used in Goldfinger. The one when Bond's suped up Aston takes out Tilly's car. "A double blow out, I've never seen one of those before"
That was used in FYEO during the underwater scene when Bond and Melina are rescuing the ATAK. I can't remember exactly where but it I noticed it again a couple of Saturday's ago and the idea for this topic occurred to me. I think it is when Bond slices through somebody's breathing apparatus.

What about that classic baddie scream that was used several times. It seemed to have different parts to it and sometimes only the beginning or end of it was used. I believe an example of it's being used in it's full form was "by" Gobinda when he was twanged from the plane in Octopussy :)) I think a tiny bit of it is used in AVTAK when the Chinese guy hits the ocean having been chucked out of Zorin's blimp.

There's a well used "creaking" sound when the baddies lair is being destroyed.
Anyway, enough from me, over to you guys

Comments

• DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited March 2013 Posts: 1,347
    Hehe yes that falling villain scream is classic. The "Wilhelm scream", used in other films too.

Necros is my favorite, so desperate :P They forgot Zorin/AVTAK though.

Interesting about the GF/FYEO re-use, hadn't noticed that one.
  • It's not the Wilhelm scream though?
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    this is the Wilhelm scream..

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    *clears throat*
    I present.... the Gunshot!
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 1,310
    Murdock wrote:
    *clears throat*
    I present.... the Gunshot!
    I LOVE that sound effect with all my heart.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    I was thinking about making a thread for this but found this, so will post here.

Sound effects re-use is amusingly common in the Bond films up to ‘89.

One I like its that the Stromberg Submarine Globe and Stacey’s home tremor computer use the same sound effect.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Mallory wrote: »
    One I like its that the Stromberg Submarine Globe and Stacey’s home tremor computer use the same sound effect.

That's exactly the one I was going to mention! :D
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Alarms almost always sound the same.