Last Movie you Watched?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited November 2016 Posts: 28,694
    Murdock wrote: »
    The DCCU is as good as dead at this point. Stick with the animated films. They are much better.

Even the animations have been faltering. Bad adaptations, worse animations. It's not a great time to be watching current DC film content. It's like they don't even know their own properties, because they just might not.

Look at what they did with The Killing Joke. One of the worst takes on Barbara Gordon I've ever seen, that makes her look like such a ditzy drama queen. The first half is just a joke, and the adaptation of the book can't save it all the way, especially since there's nothing special about how it was done. I've not been a fan of the animation styles used in these films, and I wish more of the films looked like the episodes of Batman: Gotham Knight, which were extraordinary and truly artful in aesthetic.
  • FoxRox wrote: »
    Back to the Future Part II (1989). I enjoyed this more than I expected to; pretty good as far as sequels go. I'll check out Part III soon.

I have the Bluray box set the series is a classic, I think the second is underrated I love the end of the film.

• edited November 2016 Posts: 12,276
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Back to the Future Part II (1989). I enjoyed this more than I expected to; pretty good as far as sequels go. I'll check out Part III soon.

I have the Bluray box set the series is a classic, I think the second is underrated I love the end of the film.

I picked up the dvd trilogy set about a year or so ago, just now getting around to the sequels. First one was actually better my second watch (amazing movie). 2nd one was solid. Hoping for good things in the last one.
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 6,432

I picked up the dvd trilogy set about a year or so ago, just now getting around to the sequels. First one was actually better my second watch (amazing movie). 2nd one was solid. Hoping for good things in the last one.

Second one has a great cliff hanger for the third, the third is very good perfect ending to the trilogy. There are some excellent retrospective documentarys in the boxset highly recommend.

Finished up the trilogy - watched Back to the Future Part III (1990). Much like The Dark Knight Rises, I enjoyed it plenty, but still a little less so than the first two. Doesn't make it bad at all. Both very satisfying conclusions to their respective trilogies.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    I like the first two BTTF films a lot, preferring the second over the first by a small margin.

The third I find really underwelming though.

My ratings:

Back to the Future: 9/10
    Back to the Future 2: 10/10
    Back to the Future 3: 5/10
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 12,276
    Started Forrest Gump (1994); probably my fourth watch or so of it. Always loved this movie.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @doubleoego @bondjames If all goes well, I'll be double billing 'Moana' (the new Disney animated film) and 'Sully' (the new Clint Eastwood, with Tom Hanks) on the big screen today.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    10 Cloverfield Lane

Really liked this. Some nailbiting sequences and two excellent performances from John Goodman and Mary Elizabeth Winstead.

It goes a bit OTT at he end but it's mostly a creepy and unsettling thriller.
    The Italian Job (1969)
    Great fun.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited November 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Sully is an outstanding film @DaltonCraig007. Eastwood does an excellent job on it and it's made for Hanks. Enjoy!

The opening scene in The Italian Job (1969) is sublime @001. I did a drive like that some years back and the memories are still fresh. Thankfully, I survived to tell the tale, but unfortunately I wasn't driving a Lamborghini Miura, but rather a lowly Opel!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Moana (2016)

The latest Disney animated film.. and another winner for them. Stunning animation (some moments are similar to the 'Doctor Strange' 'trippy' sequences - you are bombarded with flashy colours all over the screen), a lot of humour (especially involving an uninvited animal that came along on the ride across the ocean), some thrilling moments of action, some more touching moments, and great voice work from all involved (I only know that Dwayne Johnson provided one of the main characters, I don't know who else did the voices). Highly recommended to spend 90 minutes of pure entertainment with a lot of heart and soul. My showing was jam packed with kids - and they sure seemed to love the film.
  • Murder At The Gallop. Margaret Rutherford was a great Miss Marple, and I wish Robert Morley had appeared on a Bond film...
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 5,821
    Seen over the last three days :

Doctor Strange : nice origin story, great casting, funny when it needed to be. Not as good as Civil War, but good nonetheless.

The Sound of Music : Not the Robert Wise / Julie Andrews / Christopher Plummer version, rather the Kara Tointon / Julian Ovenden version. Having never seen the show, I was a bit surprised by the order of some of the songs, but it was still a great version. Kara Tointon is full of spirit (and sometimes sings a bit like Dame Julie herself), Julian Ovenden oozes charm, and I was surprised to see that Miss Quill could sing. And the message is still as relevant today as it was when the show opened.

Fantastic Beasts and Were to Find Them : Magical is the word for this movie. A top notch cast, a world orth discovering, special effects that don't distract from the plot, but are an integral part of it. What's not to like ?
    edited November 2016 Posts: 15,691
    Sully (2016)

As @bondjames said, this is another fantastic film from the master himself, Clint Eastwood. 90 minutes run time, not one 1 second wasted. Powerhouse performance from Tom Hanks and Aaron Eckhart, very interesting story, very intense crash sequences. And the final scene, where Tom Hanks
    destroys those idiots trying to point fingers at him
    reminded me of the ending speech of 'Scent of a Woman' from Al Pacino who quickly shut the hell up out of everyone present. Highly recommended for anyone who enjoys true-story dramas.
    Watching Tootsie (1982). Enjoying it a lot so far.
    Leon The Professional (1994)

Hadn't seen this in a couple of years. Absolutely stunning 1990's action film. Jean Reno is totally badass and highly charismatic as Leon, and Natalie Portman delivers a powerhouse performance as the young Mathilda. Always fun to remember that Gary Oldman can play villains so well when he hams it up like crazy. Very thrilling action scenes (especially the climax - huge body count), and a very brisk space through the 2 hours of run time. I really hope Luc Besson will return to his 1990's self with 'Valerian' next summer.
    Risky Business (1983). Classic 80s, coming-of-age film.
  • The Wedding Crashers one of the better films of this type, good cast and quite funny.
    Flight (2012). Solid movie. Glad I finally got around to seeing it. Tearjerker of an ending.
  • Star Trek Beyond gets better with every viewing, the last hour drags me in great visuals.
    Inglourious Basterds (2009)
    It's an ok film,a bit slow which is overrated because tarantino made it.
  • Batman v Superman Ultra HD Bluray fing awesome.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Batman v Superman Ultra HD Bluray fing awesome.

I own 12 titles so far on UHD, BvS is not amongst them.
    Is it really worth the upgrade from a visual point of view?
    Suicide Squad (2016)

Worst film of 2016.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited December 2016 Posts: 9,020
    Suicide Squad (2016)

Worst film of 2016.

Second worst, worst was BullvShit.
    Deadpool (2016) and the hated Batman: The Killing Joke (2016) are my favorite comic book films of the year.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    The best film in that genre would have to be BATMAN: RETURN OF THE CAPED CRUSADERS.
  • DarthDimi wrote: »
    The best film in that genre would have to be BATMAN: RETURN OF THE CAPED CRUSADERS.
    The second half of that film is genius
    Still have to get around to seeing that, since I've seen every other Batman-centered film.