The Spy Who Loved Me - expanded score

edited March 2013 in Music Posts: 246
Does anyone know why The Spy Who Loved Me didn't get the expanded score treatment in the last round of CD score releases? They supposedly remixed the existing tracks, but much of the score has never had a proper release - and the main action piece, Bond '77, isn't even the original arrangement used in the film.

Lost tapes? Copyright issues? What's the score? (pun intended)

Comments

• edited March 2013 Posts: 824
    The tapes exist however, the 16 track score masters would have been a more complex and expensive remixing job than the earlier scores and so it was not chosen to be expanded.
    Thanks for this. Heartened to know the material exists, but saddened that whether or not we ever get to hear it is in the hands of accountants.

And now it's all but impossible to make any money on a CD I suppose those tapes will never see the light of day. A terrible shame.

I'd pay to digitize the tapes and do the mixing for free and they could put it out on iTunes - worth a punt!

• If more expanded Bond scores were coming the 50th anniversay seemed the perfect opportunity. It needs an executive at EMI or MGM who has some enthusiasm for Bond music and getting expanded editions out there. Not sure such a person exists right now.