Bond Museum closure

edited May 2011 in News Posts: 65
Bearer of bad news I'm afraid, a very sad day for UK Bond fans.

The Bond Museum, Keswick, from their website:

IT IS WITH DEEP SADNESS THAT WE HAVE TO REPORT THAT THE BOND MUSEUM AND ITS SISTER ATTRACTION CARS OF THE STARS ARE NOW CLOSED. THE CARS OF THE STARS SHOP AREA WILL REMAIN OPEN THIS YEAR WITH AUTOGRAPHS, MEMORABILIA AND A NEW RANGE OF TV AND FILM TOYS. PLEASE CHECK THE WEB SITE FOR DETAILS OF THE RELOCATION OF THE VEHICLES TO A NEW LOCATION SHORTLY. THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS SUPPORTED THE MUSEUMS OVER THE LAST 22 YEARS IN KESWICK.
http://thebondmuseum.com/index.htm

All I can say at the moment, is that the new location is in the US.

Comments

• saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    edited May 2011 Posts: 987
    Sad news, I'd not yet got around to visiting the Bond Museum, though I'd been feigning interest in going on a family holiday to the Lake District just for this sole reason, knowing my luck I'll now still end up having to spend a week in a tent there regardless!
    It's a shame also that once again Bond props are heading for the States, surely it's time for EON to open up it's substantial archive as museum in London, where I'm sure it will attract the right tourist demographic that maybe wouldn't holiday near Keswick. A few years ago both the London Science Museum and the Imperial War Museum had exhibitions on various aspects of James Bond that drew huge crowds. London is also a major magnet for foreign visitors looking for that 'quintessential British experience' and what could be more suitable than a 'James Bond' museum (and if it does happen I wouldn't mind applying for a job as a curator).
    That is very sad news, i've only visited once, back sometime last year, i wanted to take another look round, seems it not going to happen now D':

- Atleast i've still got the' Limited Edition Launch Brochure' (in good condition) to remind me of it's greatness.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    I didn't even know there was a Bond museum; :-((

is it in London?

I've been to London many times in the last 10 years and I wish I knew about it!!
  • edited May 2011 Posts: 303
    Quoting j7wild:
    I didn't even know there was a Bond museum; :(

is it in London?

I've been to London many times in the last 10 years and I wish I knew
    about it!!

It was down at the lake district, keswick, no where near london.
    As a yank, I'm excited about it coming to the US. I wonder where, Vegas seems like an obvious choice for something like that.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Well, if I go now at least it will contain a trip to America! :-D

I'm eager to see where the Bond Museum reopens too.
  • "The news comes despite an announcement just last month that it would be open in Keswick through the end of October" only the shop is open not the cars
  • Adam
    Yes all the cars have been sold and have gone to Florida.   Cars of the Stars has been in Keswick for 22 years and the family are all ready for a change !  It was a great opportunity  and will be part of a huge museum to open in October.
    Sorry you will miss seeing  them - I know a lot of people have been sad to see them go. 
    Best wishes
    Sue
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    As a yank, I'm excited about it coming to the US. I wonder where, Vegas seems like an obvious choice for something like that.
    That's a good idea. Perhaps it could be put in either CIrcus, Circus or the Hilton a/k/a "The Whyte House".

• I don't think I talking out of turn now that it's been reported that the vehicles have gone to the Dezer Collection in Miami Florida - opening later this year.

http://www.dezercollection.com/