Do you watch movies with Bond actors

edited May 2011 in General Movies & TV Posts: 2,491
ok i have been in this situation man times.there is some movie at TV that just sucks, but watched it for 2 hours just cause some Bond actor is in it.does this happened to you? i hope i am not the only one :)

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    DAD comes to mind...

Just joking. ;;)

Highlander The Quickening (for Connery), Boat Trip (for Moore), Flash Gordon (for Dalton)... Not all of those films are necessarily bad in my book but the presence of a Bond actor certainly functioned as a catalyst for my watching the film.

How 'bout yourself, dargon?
  • edited May 2011 Posts: 11,189
    Of course. Who doesn't? ;)

Just the other week I watched Butterfly on a Wheel and The Fourth protocol both with Pierce Brosnan. BOAW wasn't that good.

There was also Boat Trip (Roger Moore)The Avengers and The Rock (Sean Connery) and Hot Fuzz (Dalton).

See if u can guess which ones I enjoyed lol.

well i can't remember the names of the movies.i made this thread cause this morning i saw one movie with Brosnan as a indian (but i cant remember the name of the movie) the movie wasnt really bad but was far from good,also yesterday i saw one Craig movie,it was interesting and i think that when they were casting for CR they saw that movie so they can see how badass can Craig be :)
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    I look out for movies with Sean Connery, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, George Lazenby, Pierce Brosnan, Daniel Craig, Charles Gray, Sean Bean, Tchecky Karyo, Anthony Dawson, Bernard Lee, Chrisopher Lee, Vladek Sheybal, Gabriele Ferzetti, Steven Berkoff, Christopher Walken, Benicio Del Toro, John Rhys-Davies, Robert Davi, Sophie Marceau, Claudine Auger, Giancarlo Gianninni, Edward Fox, Klaus Maria Brandauer and a few more that don't pop up into my mind right now (if you include CR'67, I am a huge David Niven fan).
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2011 Posts: 15,686
    Ffolkes is a cult classic for me (as you can see from my avatar).
    Quoting GoldenGun: Tchecky Karyo
    Did you see the Swedish film Anglavakt with Karyo and Izabella Scorupco ? A fantastic little film !!
    Quoting GoldenGun: Chrisopher Lee
    The Wicker Man is amazing. But my favorite Lee film is the underrated Jinnah.
    I watched The Anderson Tapes the other week, mainly because it was one of Connery's first movies released after DAF. As an extra Bond bonus it was also Christopher Walken's first major role. Not a bad movie, although the ending was a bit underwhelming.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Watch a few Hammer films and you'll likely find half of all Bond actors and actresses in there somewhere. B-)
  • The Matador with Brosnan yesterday. Not bad in all fairness, puts Mamma Mia to shame.
    What about Spiceworld: the movie with Roger Moore?
    Yes, having a Bond actor in a movie will influence if I see a movie, but if the movie just does not appeal to me at all, I won't bother seeing it even if a Bond is in it (ie, Spiceworld, Evelyn, Flashbacks of a Fool - I have no desire to see them).
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2011 Posts: 15,686
    Quoting BAIN123: What about Spiceworld: the movie with Roger Moore?
    I saw that one on the telly several years ago.
    Quoting jaguar007: Evelyn, Flashbacks of a Fool - I have no desire to see them).
    Shame, Flashbacks of a Fool is quite good, and I found Evelyn good, even if it's flawed.
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    edited May 2011 Posts: 987
    Can't say I go out of my way to watch a film just because it has a Bond actor in unless it's during the build up to a first film with a new Bond actor. I watched Daniel Graig's 'Defiance' last week but only because the subject matter interested me, I didn't consciously think of James Bond everytime he appeared on screen.
    Having said, that of the many film's I've watched with the Bond actors in these are my top choices:

Favourite Bond actor films

Sean Connery - Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade
    George Lazenby - The Return Of The Man From Uncle
    Roger Moore - Wildgeese
    Timothy Dalton - Hot Fuzz
    Pierce Brosnan - The Fourth Protocol
    Daniel Craig - Layer Cake

I'v seen Connery in Indy, Dalton In Loony Tunes and Hot Fuzz, And was forced to watch Mamma Mia :-(
    Thanks PrinceKamalKhan and DaltonCraig007 for the recommendations. I've only seen 55 Days at Peking and The Wicker Man (I also own them) from what you have listed. Of course I've heard of Around the World in 80 Days but I still haven't found it. Danger at the Ritz looks amazingly interesting, so does Anglavakt. I'll check them out.
  • edited May 2011 Posts: 7,653
    Munich by Steven Spielberg is one movie I recently watched again, an excellent Movie with Daniel Craig, the formidable Michael Lonsdale (brilliant in Ronin too) and Mathieu Almaric as his son.
    A good movie about terrorism.
    Quoting SaintMark: Munich by Steven Spielberg us one I recently watched again, an excellent Movie with Daniel Craig, the formidable Michael Lonsdale (brilliant in Ronin too) and Mathieu Almaric as his son.

A good movie about terrorism.
    Brilliant performances in that one. Craig, Lonsdale and Amalric are all great. So are the others in the likes of Bana, Rush and especially Hinds.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2011 Posts: 4,416
    Sean Connery. Own The Rock and Just Cause on VHS since 1996. Not realy have intresting none Bond movies.

George Lazenby. Bond only.

The Persuaders! Volume 1. Tv series. Roger Moore. If Roger Moore not playing in it, i haven't taken in to my collection because i think i never heard of it. It also be only none Bond thing with Roger Moore. Roger Moore Bond is the moost intrest. The only movie i consider be The Saint if there made special edtion, with Roger Moore his voice. I don't mind he, Connery or Dalton yusing there voice for some futures animated movies. Have seen some episodes of The Saint and mabey long a go Spice Girls the movie.

Dalton. The Informant i buy to have my first none Bond Dalton movie and it whas cheap. The Tourist 100% sjure i whant to have. Dalton made a comeback a litle bit with Hot Fuzz who i consider. Mabey some day when i have Bluray i consider to buy the Toy Story collection. I don't mind to see Dalton in more movies.

Pierce Brosnan. Seraphim Falls, Butterfly on a Wheel and Married Life i buy of Brosnan. I mis Brosnan see acting. Possible next buy/next intrest: The Ghost Writer, Johnny English Reborn. Seen besides Bond: The Thomas Crown Affair, Dante Speak, Mrs Doubtfire, Evelyn, After the Sunset, Laws of Attraction, The Matador.

Daniel Craig is the only Bond actor i mis the Bond movies yet in my collection, but have a couple of none Bond movies with him and some intrest in some other movies with DC.

Tomb Raider. Not because of Dc. Already made and in collection before Craig started as Bond. Atleast in be nice to have movie in my collection to see natural acting Daniel Craig as ''C'' actor.
    Layer Cake
    Golden Compas. The price made i buy it faster and because of the gerne. DC made mabey a litle bit more intresting, but also without Craig i have buy it.
    Munich. The package and the price made i buy it last Queens day, i know DC playing a part in and Spielberg be the directer. Without Craig or without steelbook pachage i possible haven't buy it.

Seen besides Bond: Tomb Raider, Layer Cake, Archangel, Road to Perdation (Partly). Intrest: Flashback Of A Fool, Infamous, Enduring Love. Mabey also: Sylvia, The Mother.

Not actors:

The Point Men. John Glen Directer. It whas cheap and i like to have a 6th movie from him.

The Kite Runner. But not because of Foster. I already have intrest in the movie before and Foster whasn't ask yet for QOS when he started this movie. Stranger Than Fiction i take in to my collection too. Can't denie this not be because of Foster too.

Watched a couple of DC films, layer cake, munich etc and the same with Bronsnan thats about it, always meant to rent the hunt for red october someday but never got round to it
    Watched a couple of DC films, layer cake, munich
    Very good films !!
    I forgot Power of one DC 1st film as a swearing south african army member villein
  • Yep- I've definately done this....

The two cinema trips that leap to mind are 'North Sea Hijack' to see Sir Rog and 'The Rock' for Sean....
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Of course! It's always great to see what the actors who have played Bond have done outside of their most famous role.
  • Jazz007Jazz007 Minnesota
    Sure, I'll watch a movie just because Dalton, Craig, or Connery are in it - but I do so because they are great actors and I enjoy their work, not just because they are "Bond actors."
    I went through a period of Christopher Lee fandom. This was around the time when he was doing the string of Star Wars/LOTR films, also when I was really getting into Bond. I even got to meet him at a book signing in London. I enjoyed his early 70's films like Horror Express which also starred Telly Savalas, as well as the Wicker Man, which also starrred Britt Eklund. Their dual presence gave the movies an extra Bondian feel for me. It was as if Scaramanga decided to become a pagan leader instead.

Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones is also a bearable experience simply by Lee's presense alone.
    @JBFan626 Did you see Jinnah ? My favorite Christopher Lee film, and a very underrated one.
    Christopher Lee is a cinematic god!!!! :-D

He also seems like a genuinely nice, wise old chap.
  • edited May 2011 Posts: 139
    You're not wrong there Mr Bain....

Was fortunate enough to meet Mr Lee at his biography signing some years back.

Could barely get my words out when I spoke to him (had to fight the urge not to do a 'we are not worthy' Waynes world style)
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Sean - I've seen tons of his films from pre Bond(Hell Drivers, Tarzan's Greatest Adventure, The Longest Day), through the Bond years - Marnie, Woman Of Straw, Shalako, The Hill, A Fine Madness etc etc. I've seen more of his films than not, (looking through his films on Wiki). All becasue he was Bond.

George - I watched Kentucky Fried Movie and Saint Jack just to see him. Return of the Man From UNCLE I watched anyway, being a fan of the show- George was a bonus.
    I would love to see Universal Soldier.

Roger - like Sean I have seen loads of his films, just because he is in them. I'm quite fond of his Wilbur Smith films - 'Gold' and 'Shout at the Devil'.

Timbo - I saw Wuthering Heights and Agatha before he was Bond, and watched others with interest like Rocketeer, Flash and Hawks afterwards just to see what he was like.

Brozzer - Again, while he was Bond I watched Grey Owl, Laws of Attraction, Dante's Peak, Thomas Crown and Mrs Doubtfire because he was Bond. Also one or two adequate TV films. Less interested in his stuff now although I did watch The Matador recently.

Daniel - I always watch his films now with interest although I was very disappointed with The Golden Compass being a huge fan of the book.

I might make a full list for my own amusement. Yes, by gad, I think I will
    "Was fortunate enough to meet him at his biography signing some years back.

Could barely get my words out when I spoke to him (had to fight the urge not to do a 'we are not worthy' Waynes world style)"

Haha, I did that aswell, twice in fact.

Most recently was when I shook hands with Roger Moore at a book signing. All I could say to him was "you were great in Boat Trip" :">

I also met Leslie Nielsen (RIP) over 10 years ago, had a chat with him after a show he did and he personally signed my programme.