Luc Besson's Colombiana (Zoe Saldana)

j7wildj7wild Suspended
edited May 2011 in General Movies & TV Posts: 823
Sure! This movie is from Luc Besson but doesn't it just look too much like his other films: The Professional and La Femme Nikita with a bit of other people's films of the same genre like Salt and Domino thrown in?

It just doesn't seem too original to me!!

Comments

• edited May 2011 Posts: 2,782
    http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810182032/video/25134326

Looks awesome J7 AND YOU BEAT ME TO IT. The last ten seconds of the trailer has a bit of QofS music to it. Hannah, Salt and this - girls kick ass and take it in the aforementioned too.

forgot this:

• j7wildj7wild Suspended
    edited May 2011 Posts: 823
    I've seen Bitch Slap... that movie stunk!

The movie is one big tease and not a good one at it either!!

I think Luc needs to stop slapping his name on everything and go back to being an action director and make a sequel to "The Fifth Element" and to "The Professional" with Natalie as the killer this time
    Bitch slap was bad and not it's so bad it's good - it was just bad but having said that - there is a future Bond girl in there somewhere.

District 13 was good - i think the fatter he's become the lazier he's become. Still a top film maker - and will we ever forgive him for making us into deviants with Leon and NP? :-"
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    a few days ago, I watched a Luc Besson directed movie:

Les Aventures Extraordinaires d'Adèle Blanc-Sec

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1179025/

4.75/5

I hope there is a sequel and she's my #1 choice to be a Bond Girl in Bond 23!!

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2011 Posts: 15,690
    Quoting j7wild: she's my #1 choice to be a Bond Girl in Bond 23!!
    You do know Adèle Blanc-Sec's main actress started out as a TV weather presentator ?
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    Quoting DaltonCraig007: You do know Adèle Blanc-Sec's main actress started out as a TV weather presentator ?
    no, I don't; I never heard of her til I saw the movie

many of them start out like that!

Sarah Michelle Gellar started out doing TV commercials especially the one for Burger King where she got sued by McDonald's and was not allowed to go into a McDonald's for years.

Mischa Barton, Uma Thurman, Michelle Pfeiffer, Cameron Diaz, Sharon Stone, Milla Jovovich, Diane Kruger, Andie McDowell and many others were models.

Sarah's McDonald's 1982 commercial - the first fast food commercial in the USA to name a rival

and this one from 1981 with Sarah, Lea Thompson and Elisabeth Hue

Rumor has it she's (Zoe) converting to Islam, which is a good spiritual journey for her. Like to see how she balances film life with it if it true.