What do you think about the gadget in SkyFall

THEBond007THEBond007 Banned
edited February 2013 in Skyfall Posts: 91
Did you like the few gadgets in Skyfall. I won't lie I was a little upset they didn't have a little more gadgets. I did like hhow they referred back to the exploding pen. Any one eles?

Comments

I liked the exploding pen bit. I didn't mind them easing back into gadgets. Bond24 will undoubtedly feature more complex gadgets, and we've just been two outings with out them. I think it'd be odd to go from nothing to a laser watch.

But I also did find the palm gun a bit of a waste, cool gadget to start off the Craig Era with but I was disappointed it didn't reappear later in the film. It just seemed like a last minute addition to the movie.
  • THEBond007THEBond007 Banned
    I kinda would of liked to see a little more weapons though then just 2
    I'm more of the mindset that the story and characters should be more memorable than the gadgets, so I didn't mind not having anything elaborate. That said I'm sure that they'll dig up some prototype that featured on Future Weapons to put in the next installment.
    I won't argue about the character being more memorable but the gadgets did play big parts in the old James Bond.
    I'm not disputing the fact that gadgets have their place in the series, I was talking about my personal preference, and why I didn't mind the lack of gadgets in Skyfall. My favorite Bond tend to be the more Flemingesque Bonds. Though like I said they could have utilized the palm gun at a more dramatic moment, if not at the climax. I feel it was simply a toss away, one use device.
    ok ok i see where you are going.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I liked the gadgets. Too many doesn't work for Craig's Bond, so I prefer the way they have had it.
    ok that is also agreeable that he more action
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    DB5's machine gun was great to see. Specially for biggest fans. :)
    It was I'm only 14 but seen all of the James Bond movies and when I saw that car I was like yesss
    The gun was a nice reference to LTK (if it was on purpose) and the radio worked well. I know it was a joke but I still would have liked to see the ejector seat especially since we wont get a chance to now...
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 1,143
    bondbat007 wrote:
    The gun was a nice reference to LTK (if it was on purpose) and the radio worked well. I know it was a joke but I still would have liked to see the ejector seat especially since we wont get a chance to now...

They can always modify another DB5 in the future is Bond asks Q nicely. Though I doubt it, with the new Q stating in Skyfall that they don't do the old fashioned fun gadgets anymore. Boring computer geek!!
    bondbat007 wrote:

They can always modify another DB5 in the future is Bond asks Q nicely. Though I doubt it, with the new Q stating in Skyfall that they don't do the old fashioned fun gadgets anymore. Boring computer geek!!

I wouldn't like it if they brought it back, but if they brough another old car back that would be great to.
    Did we like the gadget? There was just one? No seriously, the amount and kind of gadgetry in Skyfall were perfect.
    I just think they could add like 2 more to sky fall
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    This will do.
This discussion has been closed.