Goldfinger Mystery

edited May 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 1
I saw this movie when it first came out, and have been watching it regularly ever since. But this time I noticed someone standing behind Goldfinger in the final scene aboard the plane bound for Washington/Cuba. Any ideas what happened?

Comments

QofS mystery - hope I can join in. Can't find ask the Bond expert type thread - so mods or anyone can you answer the question above and my question:

The car chase in QofS - one of the Alfa Romeos gets cream crackered by a truck front on. Behind this Alfa is the other Alfa. How does this car manage to get through a blocked road to chase the Aston? How is it possible the road was blocked both lanes...how?????
    It's one of Goldfinger's henchmen - he was edited out of the final cut of the scene. You can see his body on the floor of the plane after Auric is sucked out of the window.

As for the QoS chase - the second Alfa had alredy overtaken the first when the truck hit. At the moment of impact (@ 1m 44s) you can see it in the right lane behind the blue truck.
    I read an article about this on a very neat site called Dr.Shatterhand'sGarden.com or something along those lines. He said obviously it was a deleted scene and that the henchman's body wasn't removed from the shot. However, he went further on to say that in the title song and end credits, you see a shot of Goldfinger's revolver firing off three rounds, a shot not seen in the movie. He concluded that it could be that in the original drafts, Goldfinger fired off three rounds at Bond, and his henchman got in the way and was hit by accident, or during the fight the henchmen was knocked out by Bond before fighting Goldfinger. Anyway, it's an interesting read, I encourage anyone to Google this site and read it!
    QofS mystery - hope I can join in. Can't find ask the Bond expert type thread - so mods or anyone can you answer the question above and my question:

The car chase in QofS - one of the Alfa Romeos gets cream crackered by a truck front on. Behind this Alfa is the other Alfa. How does this car manage to get through a blocked road to chase the Aston? How is it possible the road was blocked both lanes...how?????

When I re-edited the chase about a week ago, there is a quick shot where you see the Alfa get around right before a truck blocks the way.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    00Beast wrote:
    I read an article about this on a very neat site called Dr.Shatterhand'sGarden.com or something along those lines. He said obviously it was a deleted scene and that the henchman's body wasn't removed from the shot. However, he went further on to say that in the title song and end credits, you see a shot of Goldfinger's revolver firing off three rounds, a shot not seen in the movie. He concluded that it could be that in the original drafts, Goldfinger fired off three rounds at Bond, and his henchman got in the way and was hit by accident, or during the fight the henchmen was knocked out by Bond before fighting Goldfinger. Anyway, it's an interesting read, I encourage anyone to Google this site and read it!
    You're right! Look at 2:19-2:25! And what is with the FRWL piece at 2:05-2:15?
    @0Brady: It's weird isn't it?! It looks like Bond, or somebody else, has their hands around the revolver with Auric and is firing off the rounds themselves. Man, we might have had a really neat scene on our hands before the edits were taken!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2012 Posts: 28,694
    00Beast wrote:
    @0Brady: It's weird isn't it?! It looks like Bond, or somebody else, has their hands around the revolver with Auric and is firing off the rounds themselves. Man, we might have had a really neat scene on our hands before the edits were taken!
    I thought that too, because there is a visible halt in the last two shots after the first exits the barrel, like someone is fighting for the gun against Goldfinger. It pains me to think that we could have gotten a better fight than what we got. Think how much higher both of us would hold GF if there was a great fight at the end with Goldfinger and Bond.

00Beast wrote:
    I thought that too, because there is a visible halt in the last two shots after the first exits the barrel, like someone is fighting for the gun against Goldfinger. It pains me to think that we could have gotten a better fight than what we got. Think how much higher both of us would hold GF if there was a great fight at the end with Goldfinger and Bond.

Indeed, I'd hold GF much higher than #21 out of 22 if we had gotten a better final duel! I had the chance at a book store one time to peruse throught the fiction section and find some of the 007 novels, and I picked up GF, skipped to the end, and read the fight between 007 and Goldfinger. I must say, it was ten times better than what we got in the movie. Fleming's description of this fight seemed to be intense with the likes of fights with Red Grant and Peter Franks. Such a shame that we got gyped!
    You saw the books and didn't buy them?!?!?!?!?!?!

Well, the covers are kind of "revealing" if you know what I mean, and my dad would never stand for that! Moonraker's cover is okay, so I've got that one and am in the midst of reading it.
    I haven't read the Goldfinger novel. But was Mr GF as overweight as in the movie, you know, a large size, I was just wondering

And apparently it was Oddjob who got sucked through the window in the book and Bond killed Goldfinger by asphyxiation before the plane went down. I would maybe of liked to have seen that in the movie instead of the all to brief struggle and then it's over. I've said it before and I'll say it again, that the Goldfinger (film) mystery for me is not an extra appearing on the airplane but merely the geographical inconsistencies at the very end. For what seems like the 1000th time, they clearly state that Bond is going to have lunch with the President, plane leaves Kentucky, on route to DC, and said airplane crashes into the ocean by some odd twist of fate. Now if in the book the final destination was different, then that could made sense, i.e. President could be in Bermuda or Cuba maybe, that would be more plausible, but it's just from watching the end of the movie and what we are told, well it all seems a bit confusing

(mental exhaustion) ~O)
    I haven't read the Goldfinger novel. But was Mr GF as overweight as in the movie, you know, a large size, I was just wondering

And apparently it was Oddjob who got sucked through the window in the book and Bond killed Goldfinger by asphyxiation before the plane went down. I would maybe of liked to have seen that in the movie instead of the all to brief struggle and then it's over. I've said it before and I'll say it again, that the Goldfinger (film) mystery for me is not an extra appearing on the airplane but merely the geographical inconsistencies at the very end. For what seems like the 1000th time, they clearly state that Bond is going to have lunch with the President, plane leaves Kentucky, on route to DC, and said airplane crashes into the ocean by some odd twist of fate. Now if in the book the final destination was different, then that could made sense, i.e. President could be in Bermuda or Cuba maybe, that would be more plausible, but it's just from watching the end of the movie and what we are told, well it all seems a bit confusing

(mental exhaustion) ~O)

I haven't read the novel yet either. It is actually the only one besides the short story collections that I don't own. But with the film, it is stated by Goldfinger himself that the plane is going to Cuba. We are simply supposed to assume that they got there really, really, really fast. But it is pointless to have an argument about what is plausible when concerning Bond films. More than half would be suspect in many regards.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die

Maybe he gone into an library.
    X3MSonicX wrote:

He already answered. His dad wouldn't approve of the covers. I bring my to school now, and the covers do attract attention.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited April 2012 Posts: 2,635
    X3MSonicX wrote:

He already answered. His dad wouldn't approve of the covers. I bring my to school now, and the covers do attract attention.

oooh. Well, i actually i saw he had answered, but i made just an alternative. ;)
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    00Beast wrote:
    Well, the covers are kind of "revealing" if you know what I mean, and my dad would never stand for that!

Where do you live Saudi Arabia? If you think the average Bond cover is the height of eroticism you need to get yourself to Amsterdam or Bangkok old chap and have your eyes opened. Poor guy.

LOL , the bootleg Tintin in Thailand ;)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    This has strayed off topic, and as the question has been answered this can be closed.
    If you wish to ask any further questions on this subject. I would suggest using this thread to do so...
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/2843/the-james-bond-questions-thread#Item_18
This discussion has been closed.