Film and TV spin offs that should happen.

edited February 2013 in General Movies & TV Posts: 12,837
What it says on the tin.

I'd like to see the rumoured Pulp Fiction/Reservoir Dogs spin off/prequel with Travolta and Madsen. I would've liked it if Hicks, Hudson, the chick with the bandanna, etc, had gotten a prequel/spin off to Aliens. Ralph Fiennes' character in In Bruges could've had a good prequel spin off crime movie, if it was done right.

TV wise the lesbian alien detective and her human sidekick/wife from Dr Who could probably carry their own show.

Comments

He-Man
    MASK (Mobile Armed Strike Kommand , Pat Stewart as Sector and Love Hewitt as Baker)
    Defenders of Earth
    Dirty Harry jr (never gonna happen , would be interesting if only for 1 movie.....Clint in a part role)

:D
    Tracy wrote:
    Dirty Harry jr (never gonna happen , would be interesting if only for 1 movie.....Clint in a part role)

:D

For a second there, I thought you meant a cartoon series featuring Dirty Harry's nephew.
    ;)
  • If we can also discuss reboots, I had in idea for a new Miami Vice series that played around the sons of the original duo: Billy would now be William 'Sonny' Crockett, Vice detective, and remember that Tubbs' little boy survived the events of Sons and Lovers, so he could still be living with the Calderone family.

My plan for the series would be that Tubbs Jr. finds out who he really is, contacts his father. The Vice unit then gets him out of the family, but since he still has a reputation he and Crockett Jr. are now the perfect, believable undercover duo. I'd have Philip Thomas and Johnson occasionally guest star, and they could maybe even occasionally go undercover as older crimelords to help their kids out.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    A 24 spin-off based around Cole Ortiz.
    A Smallville spin-off for the Justice League/Justice Society (I know there were webisodes/mobisodes about the JL, but I liked actors for Smallville's JL, besides Aquaman).
    A prequel to Dexter about Dex's real brother, Brian.
    A Ben 10/Generator Rex team up show (not just a special).
    A Lethal Weapon spin-off show.
    Sequels to Master and Commander.
    That was a great movie and I was expecting a saga. I'll exchange Pirates of Caribbean for this one anytime.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited February 2013 Posts: 13,350
    0013 wrote:
    Sequels to Master and Commander.
    That was a great movie and I was expecting a saga. I'll exchange Pirates of Caribbean for this one anytime.

Damn right! If only Pirates tanked. One was enough. As for Master and Commander, it may well be my favourite film of 2003.
    A new Trek spinoff series it has been way too long!I would like to see a show where we see Riker, now promoted to captain and married to Deanna Troi and in command of his own vessel and going places where no man has gone before.
  • OHMSS69 wrote:
    A new Trek spinoff series it has been way too long!I would like to see a show where we see Riker, now promoted to captain and married to Deanna Troi and in command of his own vessel and going places where no man has gone before.

Too....many...jokes!

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    OHMSS69 wrote:

I'd rather just see a new spinoff with brand new characters, set centuries after Nemesis. No character relations to the TNG or VOY characters. I don't know why, but the idea of a show with Kirk and Sisko's descendants sounds awesome.
    OHMSS69 wrote:

I'd rather just see a new spinoff with brand new characters, set centuries after Nemesis. No character relations to the TNG or VOY characters. I don't know why, but the idea of a show with Kirk and Sisko's descendants sounds awesome.

Not to me with the current taste of today being dark and grim any new series would be like the rebooted Battlestar Gallactica a flipping joyless dark ride with no sense anyhow. Another waste of televison time.

SaintMark wrote:
    OHMSS69 wrote:

Not to me with the current taste of today being dark and grim any new series would be like the rebooted Battlestar Gallactica a flipping joyless dark ride with no sense anyhow. Another waste of televison time.

I doubt that. Plus, I actually enjoyed Battlestar Galactica. If the theme and style of Star Trek didn't change between 1969 and 1987, it probably wouldn't change between 2005 and now. Wagon Train the stars is a pretty tough concept to actually change.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 2,341
    Maybe a Blakes 7 spinoff. A new cast to take up the fight since Blake and his associates all died in the series finale. Maybe see Severine get her cumuffins.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited February 2013 Posts: 4,450
    Bond: Judi Dench's M. Twine Spinoff/Crossover

mthemovie.png

mom2.jpg

mom3i.jpg

danielcraigbond23iii.jpg

bond24.jpg
    Hell no wouldn't even begin to say what I need to say about all that.