Should Carte Blanche be made into a film?

2»

Comments

• The problem with the recent books is that they do lean heavily on so-called twists. I suppose the Agatha Christie genre does too, and they get made into films. All the same, a lot depends on whether you like the locations too, and what we have is Greater London and South Africa, can't recall the rest, but not that great for me. Prob nothing they couldn't pay writers to come up with afresh.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 5,745
    "Should Carte Blanche be made into a film?"

Should you serve ice cream at 212°F?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Well, people in Hell do want slurpies.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I don't think it would be suitable to film really, no. Perhaps to introduce a new Bond actor, but even then I can't see it. The same is true for any of the Continuation Bonds though sadly as I've mentioned on these pages previously.
    As the last movie was a bit of a mess story-wise the story of CB would be an 100% improvement and would make not a too shabby thriller something that Bond has not been in a while. And I kinda like the scenery as well in CB. SO If they would I would not mind at all.
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    I don't it would have a smooth translation to film. Its a bit too different from the bond films of today, and would be not on par with flemings work.
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    It's fairly safe to say that none of the continuation novels will ever be made into a film.
    Its a bit too different from the bond films of today, and would be not on par with flemings work.

Not on par with Flemings work is a critism to stopped having any value some time ago. Fleming himself would have something to say about the scripting of SF which is poor writing something I would not even in his weaker 007 books accuse Fleming of doing.

• doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    Whether the script or story is up to par or not is a relatively moot point in this situation.

Danjaq own the rights to the cinematic Bond and licence these rights exclusively to Eon.

IFF and IFP are the owners of the rights to the literary Bond, the Fleming novels and the continuation novels.

Danjaq would need to secure the rights to Carte Blanche in order to make it into a film, and that would be a costly and complex process.

Ultimately, Danjaq/Eon would be extremely unlikely to make a film of the continuation novels, simply because it is far more cost effective and less complex to pay for their own writers to come up with original material.

Whether the script or story is up to par or not is a relatively moot point in this situation.

Danjaq own the rights to the cinematic Bond and licence these rights exclusively to Eon.

IFF and IFP are the owners of the rights to the literary Bond, the Fleming novels and the continuation novels.

Danjaq would need to secure the rights to Carte Blanche in order to make it into a film, and that would be a costly and complex process.

Ultimately, Danjaq/Eon would be extremely unlikely to make a film of the continuation novels, simply because it is far more cost effective and less complex to pay for their own writers to come up with original material.

that and they can nick freely from the various continuation books as long as do not copy it, which they have done so before, there is a list somewhere on the net concerning coincidental borrowing.