How amazing it have been to have Wailin on the place off Serverine (Spoilers)

M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
edited February 2013 in Bond Movies Posts: 4,444
How amazing it have been to have Wailin on the place off Serverine

Saying that a Chinees agent go down and let Bill Tanner researchers saying (what happend in the movie) that she whas on something at to the story be enough.

The chacter died so fast and with Bond already know Wailin she have been another person around him who died.

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited February 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Different Bonds, different continuities. Don't see any possibility outside of if Skyfall was a Brosnan film, which thank Fleming it wasn't (not a hit on Pierce, mind you). Plus, Wai wasn't a "public woman" as females like Severine would be called.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    I agree with @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 - different Bond's, completely different time line. Although I wouldn't mind seeing a Wai-Lin esque character in the future. A kinda kung-fu ass kicking agent, or perhaps a mercenary that Bond meets on his travels.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Balje once more proves himself a true genius! ;-)
    Terrible idea.

Two different characters. Severine is a tragic figure who is desperate to escape the horror of silva.

Wai lin was an uninteresting character of pure cardboard.
    @actionsteve

Yeah. Wai Lin, like so much of Tomorrow Never Dies, had a great deal of potential, but it went underutilised.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Wai Lin was originally meant to return in DAD but they replaced her with the girl at the hotel and made the Hong Kong scenes much shorter.

Different timeline so it would've been impossible anyway. And not something I'd have liked to see either, TND is fun and Wai Lin was an alright Bond girl but lets just leave it at that.
    actonsteve wrote:
    Wai lin was an uninteresting character of pure cardboard.

She was pretty bland and generic but at least Bond gave two sh*ts about her whereas Severine was just a waste of good scotch (loved the one liner but Bond was really cold about the whole ordeal).

She was pretty bland and generic but at least Bond gave two sh*ts about her .

Really? They didn't seem to have much chemistry.

• edited February 2013 Posts: 12,837
    actonsteve wrote:

She was pretty bland and generic but at least Bond gave two sh*ts about her .

Really? They didn't seem to have much chemistry.

When he saved her at the end I got the sense that he cared about her. I think they had chemistry, just not sexual chemistry. Them getting together and shagging at the end did feel a bit shoved in.
    @thelivingroyale

In that case both TND and QoS's endings are very similar, as Bond saves both girls from the villain, and then at the end, there's a sense of accomplishment (less so with QoS) that they achieved what they set out to do. In QoS they're clever enough to to succumb to tradition, leading to a stronger ending. In TND, they don't, and I agree, it does seem very off.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Mallory wrote:
    @actionsteve

Yeah. Wai Lin, like so much of Tomorrow Never Dies, had a great deal of potential, but it went underutilised.

I couldn't agree more. So I'm not sure what the point of having her in Skyfall would be. Why not just give Severine more screen time like she deserved!