Super Bowl XLVII - 49ers VS Ravens

edited January 2013 in General Discussion Posts: 5,634
My home town team The Baltimore Ravens will be in the Super Bowl this Sunday, and it's not every day we get to one of the biggest global spectaculars in sports entertainment. It's maybe not an event for everyone on these pages, but this is personally, a special occasion, as we try again for our first title since beating the New York Giants in 2001. This year, we face off against the San Francisco 49ers, who start as favorites, but I think we have a decent chance with this, but can't get to Louisiana for the main event unfortunately, but this weekend is sure to be memorable and I'm already trying not to think of any possible alcohol consumption, win lose or draw, but already the nerves have kicked in, but I only want to see the team do well

Here's the bad news - Our national anthem will be sung by Alicia Keys

You can only hope she makes a better effort of it, than the garbage effort of her James Bond endeavors. No Madonna half-time entertainment this year, as Beyonce Knowles steps in. I'm thinking I'd rather have the former back, and not really a fan of the others 'music'. I don't get to pick who gets the singing honors, but I'm not entirely happy with those choices once again

This is our first chance of a success in twelve years and feeling quietly confident and if any 49ers followers are present, would be interested to hear opinions. You've had your histories and successes, (although no actual Super Bowl win since 1994/95), so how about we give some other guys a chance. I'm feeling nervous about the game, and it's going to an event of epic proportions, but all the same, will be real pleased when it's over. It's the waiting and anticipations that kills me. In short - one of the greatest events the United States has exported to the world

The time will soon be upon us

Comments

Sadly my Chicago Bears choked during the regular season so I have no emotional interest in this game. That being said, Ravens are my pick
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Ahh...Edgar Allan Poe was interesting...
  • Last night I had a dream

We were back at the Super Bowl. Some people said we couldn't do it. We did it

The streets were awash with celebration (and some general misbehavior), people were going wild, strangers hugged each other, there was dancing, and singing, it was a sight to behold..

But no, it really did happen

In short, great honor for the city, although some shamed themselves after the event, it looked as though we had lost it towards the end, but held on, power failure, twice champions now, and beat many peoples favorites before time. My only gripe is, it appears there's more focus on the half entertainment or damn commercials than there is on the game now, but you can't take away what was a great victory. Proud to be a part of it all, but I did drink more than I should, got back late, and it was quite a rough night and early morning, and the alcohol did me no favors - but it was worth it

Lot of debate about when the arena was blacked out, and people had their own pet theories, and at such a pivotal time of play of all things. Damn half time show used up all the electricity most likely, I wish they'd just quit with all that crap. Not everyone wants to to see these damn 'singers'. I was unsure if play would even get restarted at one point. All said, great experience, a night to remember, but pleased that it's all over to be truthful. I wouldn't want to live through all that again

Commiserations to SF also, for what would of been one hell of a comeback that didn't quite happen, and being part of the event

Great night. Lousy after effects