Strictly Bond Dancing

Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
edited January 2013 in Music Posts: 642
Whilst on a tedious drive down the M6 the other day, my i-pod 'shuffled' it's way through the usual eclectic mix of John Barry, Sade and Lalo Schifrin when suddenly I was caught up in a subliminal urge to boogie at the wheel.

Yes folks, that's right! the End Title of Moonraker was kicking in and Bassey was seducing my lathargic mind...

I repeated the song two or three times and each time my dancing became more absurd. It was akin to Blame it on the Boogie meets Copacabana...sadly I was rumbled as i realised we were stationary in the traffic (queue) and my entire repatoire had been witnessed by two or three other car occupants and a lorry diver who smirked and pointed and one of them even made a motion with their hand that suggested the art of 'self pleasure'....

I therefore pose the question, have you ever danced publicly to a Bond track?, was it well received?, did people join in? or did you feel like a complete and utter loser?... my only other time (in an open forum) was at a wedding and me and the groom did a horrendous take on A View To A Kill...

I for one am proud though. Why should I keep Bond in my heart but not express my fandom through said rubbish choreography(?)

Your thoughts and experiences are much appreciated. :-)

Confession...Done!

Comments

• RC7RC7
    I therefore pose the question, have you ever danced publicly to a Bond track?, was it well received?, did people join in? or did you feel like a complete and utter loser?... my only other time (in an open forum) was at a wedding and me and the groom did a horrendous take on A View To A Kill...

This will sound utterly random, and everyone I meet in my life considers me to be pranking them, but I used to be a competitive dancer. I quit when I was 19, but for 9 years previously, I travelled the world competing. I've danced to many of the tracks competitively and also through private shows that myself and my partner would choreograph. Needless to say, a lot of these were pure Bond. I guess the most Bond-esque moment was dancing to DAF at the Fountainbleau Hilton in Miami.

• Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    Fantastic, great story. Nice to know more about our fellow Bond lovers.

By the way, I am more than open to training and maybe amongst us all here at mi6 we can build our own International Dance troupe! - right i'm off to by a casting couch. :-)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I nod my head and tap my toe to the Bond theme (Monty Norman/Barry version) as any normal person should.
    Danced to "All Time High" from Octopussy at my wedding (was the first dance and partly choreographed by me!), and it went down surprisingly well! The marriage went down not so well-am now divorced at 33 years old! But I'll keep dancing!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    When I saw Skyfall and the DB5 appeared on screen to the tune of the Bond theme, my toes got tapping, my smile got widening, and my head bobbing.

Other than that, not much else...
    But I would love to do a dance number in a tuxedo to any number of Bond tunes, shamelessly.
  • At one time, for a drama class at school a couple of years ago, we had to sing and dance to an emotional tune. I wasn't much into music at that point, so a friend and I opted to sing From Russia With Love off-key and dance a bit to that.
    I think that's the most I've ever danced to a Bond song
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    edited January 2013 Posts: 987
    For my first wedding dance my wife and I danced to a live band version of 'Nobody does it better' and even if my wife and the majority of our guests thought I was terrible and lacked any sort of rhythm at least in my head I felt like Sean Connery doing the Tango with Kim in NSNA.
    Come to think of it, I usually go jogging or run on the treadmill to Bond music, as it's more fitting for such purposes imo. However, if I ever get married, the bride and I shall do a romantic dance to, we have all the time in the world.
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    doubleoego wrote:
    Come to think of it, I usually go jogging or run on the treadmill to Bond music, as it's more fitting for such purposes imo. However, if I ever get married, the bride and I shall do a romantic dance to, we have all the time in the world.

I did suggest that one as a possible wedding dance but the wife vetoed it because she felt that having a love song from a film where the bride is tragically gunned down just hours after the wedding ceremony may just be considered a bad omen!

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Everyone should be able to let him/her go once in a while. It's not only Bond-music that does it for me (and I can't dance, so Genesis sometimes helps), but I have gone a bit crazy once or twice while out and AVTAK or any other Bond-track came by..
    saunders wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:

I did suggest that one as a possible wedding dance but the wife vetoed it because she felt that having a love song from a film where the bride is tragically gunned down just hours after the wedding ceremony may just be considered a bad omen!

Women...
  • doubleoego wrote:
    saunders wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:

Women...

I had 'we have all the time in the world' as a second unoffical dance at our wedding (I just had to squeeze in a Bond track somewhere & it's a very romantic song) My wife thankfully was not then tragically gunned down by Spectre!