"Directed by Sam Mendes" : themes and motives of the director you can find in Skyfall

2»

Comments

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Tennyson is one of the greatest poets of all time, and Ulysses easily one of the best crafted works in an age of pretension, and because of its relatable, human and wide spanning dramatic themes of age, endurance, time and change, it's been quoted and used in various places and mediums. I'd say one of those other places was where Mendes and Logan got inspiration, and not from old Teddy, who absolutely botches the poem in that speech. I was wincing a bit as he went.

You're an admirer of poetry? That's interesting.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Tennyson is one of the greatest poets of all time, and Ulysses easily one of the best crafted works in an age of pretension, and because of its relatable, human and wide spanning dramatic themes of age, endurance, time and change, it's been quoted and used in various places and mediums. I'd say one of those other places was where Mendes and Logan got inspiration, and not from old Teddy, who absolutely botches the poem in that speech. I was wincing a bit as he went.

I'm a writing/arts major...
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    I have often wondered weather or not Sam Mendes watched Frasier ?
    ;)

Perhaps Ted Kennedy, Frasier and Sam Mendes are all and the same man ;-)
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited July 2016 Posts: 8,087

I'm a writing/arts major...

Oh, good luck to you.