Would a Daniel Craig non-Bond movie that featured ex-Bonds work or be considered a stunt?

edited January 2013 in Actors Posts: 224
I could see it be considered a stunt to draw curiosity movie-goers. At the same time, movies are made to make money. Sir Roger could play his grandfather. Pierce or Timothy could play his father. That would be a curious movie. I'm surprised that movie producers have not thought of that angle. Get a good script, and it might work. Do you hear me, Steven Spielberg?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    What do you mean? A movie that isn't Bond but with Dan and the rest of the Bond actors? I would love to see he, Sean, George, Roger, Tim and Pierce do a caper film of some sort.
  • OligarchOligarch Banned
    edited January 2013 Posts: 110
    Ah would be quite interesting . Although I doubt it will ever happen. Would be a great idea though. I suggest maybe Daniel and Pierce could play the roles of two bank robbers that are extremely efficient at what they do (robbing banks) Dalton would play the lead police chief or special branch agent in charge of solving these crimes, Dalton would play the role with defiance and boldness, somewhat similar to his Hot Fuzz interpretation. Roger would play the role of a innocent hostage who finds himself in a odd predicament and Sean would be play the driver and lookout hired by Pierce & Daniel.

Daniel and Pierce as a team really intrigues me , I find they would have great acting chemistry together in the roles of sleezy,carefree but intelligent bank robbers.

The film would be called '" Strikeout " .
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited January 2013 Posts: 28,694
    I picture Sean as the mastermind behind it all. Probably because he's the coolest along with Dan... Sean could be a veteran caper master and the job will be his character's last, as it usually is in films like this.
  • OligarchOligarch Banned
    Yes you are right Brady, I too was considering Sean be the master of it all. Yes most definitely. Would fit his personality and legacy much better than a mere driver, perhaps as Driver, to keep it Bondian I would suggest Jeffrey Wright as driver.
  • It's a ridiculous idea for me. I hope it never sees the light of day

and probably won't, I'm guessing. No, I just don't like the idea of that at all
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited January 2013 Posts: 9,117
    It's a ridiculous idea for me. I hope it never sees the light of day

and probably won't, I'm guessing. No, I just don't like the idea of that at all

Heartily agree. Bloody awful. Don't worry the likelihood of this happening is about the same as Sean being asked back as the next Bond when Dan retires.
  • I just don't see this appealing to the general public enough to warrant the budget for the cast.

I remember reading, back in the 80s, that Roger Moore and Sean Connery were looking to do a film together as they were good friends. The article compared the idea (but not the type of film) to Connery and Michael Caine working together on The Man Who Would Be King. It was thrilling to read at the time, but now I realize that the story was utter BS likely just made up by a tabloid.
    It's a shame that Sean and Roger never appeared togther, perhaps even with Michael Caine thrown in.

I could see maybe Dan and Pierce in a buddy type thing, seems the most plausible option but I doubt that will happen either!
    Would be a spoofing in my book! Not for me thanks.