Anyone else find it jarring when M swore in Skyfall?

1235»

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    0013 wrote:
    Or is this just a way to bring attention to yourself and discredit Skyfall?

I think we have a winner.
  • Oh I don't know man-- I had nightmares when Logan said the F word in X-Men (:|
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    0013 wrote:
    Oligarch wrote:
    I found it offensive, and walked out of the theater, but after a minute or two I decided to enter the theater and continue watching.

So, you can't stand a Scorsese or Tarantino movie.
    Are you a puritan priest?
    Or is this just a way to bring attention to yourself and discredit Skyfall?

Obviously the latter.
    M would have hated retirement, we all know that. It would be just like Bruce Willis's character in the beginning of RED where he sits around, completely bored because he is a retired agent used to being adrenaline fueled and on the move all the time. I think that was how M would have been. She had grown to become used to the stress and the high intensity demands placed on her, so naturally any big jump to normal life from that kind of responsibility would be like a drug user's withdrawal period. I think she knew her death was coming anyway, seeing Silva as some sort of Grim Reaper back to haunt her, and what better way to go out than fighting alongside her best agent facing off against the man that caused her life and many others so much pain?

Andrew Jackson once said, "I was born for the storm, and a calm does not suit me." This quote completely exemplifies all that M is in my mind. Like Jackson, she is only comfortable and focused on the battlefield, and a more sedentary and grounded living just doesn't suit her character.

I agree. The same could also be said about Bond, obviously.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Tuulia wrote:
    M would have hated retirement, we all know that. It would be just like Bruce Willis's character in the beginning of RED where he sits around, completely bored because he is a retired agent used to being adrenaline fueled and on the move all the time. I think that was how M would have been. She had grown to become used to the stress and the high intensity demands placed on her, so naturally any big jump to normal life from that kind of responsibility would be like a drug user's withdrawal period. I think she knew her death was coming anyway, seeing Silva as some sort of Grim Reaper back to haunt her, and what better way to go out than fighting alongside her best agent facing off against the man that caused her life and many others so much pain?

Andrew Jackson once said, "I was born for the storm, and a calm does not suit me." This quote completely exemplifies all that M is in my mind. Like Jackson, she is only comfortable and focused on the battlefield, and a more sedentary and grounded living just doesn't suit her character.

I agree. The same could also be said about Bond, obviously.

Absolutely. That's why I feel the lines in Tennyson refer to both of them.
    ^^ Oh yes, definitely.
    Certainly not my favorite moment in the film, and I certainly hope f-bombs don't become a staple. That said, Fleming probably would have approved.