Life On Mars

edited January 2013 in General Movies & TV Posts: 12,837
Who else watched this? Probably my favourite TV show of all time.

I watched it when it first came on TV because I liked The Sweeney and it seemed a bit like that. And in some ways it is. But it's better than that.

The acting, the comedy, the dark creepy stuff linking each episode together, the ending, the characters, all brilliant. Gene Hunt has to be one of the greatest British characters of all time. Fantastic TV.

You can talk about Ashes To Ashes too if you like but I wasn't much for that and I lost intrest towards the end. Just seemed like a way of dragging on a finished series to me.

Comments

I used to wach it as well it was good :)
    I watched every episodes except the final episode of season 2 when it was televised. Will have to buy the 2 series at some point. I watched a few episodes of ashes to ashes though it did not grab me and felt like a rehash/cash in on Life on mars.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I think there is already a thread on this; but maybe not...

I do love Life on Mars, but Ashes to Ashes is my favorite of the two. Gene Hunt is one of my favorite all time characters.
    The best tv programme ever !!!!

The ending arch on Ashes was not as good as it could of been, can not rate this highly enough.

Gene genie ^:)^
    My brother raved about it! Never got to see it! Kind of regret it now!
  • RC7RC7
    Who else watched this? Probably my favourite TV show of all time.

I watched it when it first came on TV because I liked The Sweeney and it seemed a bit like that. And in some ways it is. But it's better than that.

The acting, the comedy, the dark creepy stuff linking each episode together, the ending, the characters, all brilliant. Gene Hunt has to be one of the greatest British characters of all time. Fantastic TV.

You can talk about Ashes To Ashes too if you like but I wasn't much for that and I lost intrest towards the end. Just seemed like a way of dragging on a finished series to me.

Love it. But I'm a Mancunian so I'm biased.
    Great show one of the best the British have done in many a year.
    Gene Hunt is one of the best characters ever but the star of the show was John Simm. Top show sadly Ashes to Ashes and Us remake sucked.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 469
    Series 2 ending of Life on Mars - what can I say, apart from the best ending to a tv series ever. For those who want to watch the series and love the 70's and the music and crime dramas then this is for you.