Major Boothroyd's Ringtone Competition

Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
edited January 2013 in General Discussion Posts: 2,721
So Bond fans, I'm looking for a new ringtone. More specifically - a text message alert. What sound/dialogue from the Bond films would make a good alert? Remember this will be a keeper so I'll have to hear it many times a day! Three or four seconds long would be ideal. I like creating them rather than downloading established ones. At the moment my ringtone is 'Submarine' from FYEO which I love so it's more the text alert I'm interested in.

Comments

• The 2-note cue of the Bond theme at the beginning of Skyfall.
  • I have Vesper's SMS alert as my text message tone and the part that goes

♫ Let the Skyfall
    When it crumbles
    We will stand tall
    Face it all together

Let the Skyfall
    When it crumbles
    We will stand tall
    Face it all together
    At Skyfall
    At Skyfall ♫

from Adele as my main ringtone.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    "007, reporting for duty."- Skyfall
    I've just made this one if your interested:

Don't know about texts, but you could give it a try. I'll put it in the other ringtone thread as well.

Feedback is welcomed :)
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 183
    My favourite is the Vesper Text Alert (Available at Bond Lifestyle last time I checked). Very subtle, and simple, and only true die-hard Bond fans would notice - Perfect for a Text Alert
    M's Tennyson reading, adjusted to be better fitted as a ringtone:

Here ya go ;)
  • Me ringtone is Live And Let Die.

Before that it was Master Exploder by Tenacious D. Before that it was the default one because it took me forever to find a way to set an actual song as my ringtone (I hate my iphone sometimes).
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Here ya go ;)

LOVE IT!
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Here ya go ;)

Unfortunally i can't use any of them because it isn't allowed to do so with an iPhone unless i jailbreak it. And when i jailbreaked it last time my cellphone more or less stopped working.
    Why does everything has to be so difficult?!
    Well they're just mp3's. You can't import it into iTunes first and then over to your phone?
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 12,837
    @MrBond There's an app you can get that lets you use songs from your PC as an iphone ringtone. You just put the song on your phone, select it in the app then follow some instructions.

Pain in the arse but it works. Can't remember what its called though. Just search ringtone and it should be there

@JWESTBROOK Nope, because the iphone is so brilliant you can't even set a sodding song as a ringtone. You can get them onto the phone but you can't use them.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    @MrBond There's an app you can get that lets you use songs from your PC as an iphone ringtone. You just put the song on your phone, select it in the app then follow some instructions.

Pain in the arse but it works. Can't remember what its called though. Just search ringtone and it should be there

@JWESTBROOK Nope, because the iphone is so brilliant you can't even set a sodding song as a ringtone. You can get them onto the phone but you can't use them.

You can create ringtones for your iPhone fairly easily through iTunes - no apps required. You just need to create it as an AAC file rather than mp3 and your iPhone will recognise it as a tone rather than a song.
    Until I got a new phone, my text message ringtone was usually always either "Red Barchetta" by Rush or "Miss You" by The Rolling Stones.

You can create ringtones for your iPhone fairly easily through iTunes - no apps required. You just need to create it as an AAC file rather than mp3 and your iPhone will recognise it as a tone rather than a song.

Here is a detailed guide:
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4384954?start=0&tstart=0
  • My ringtone is the John Barry original James Bond theme song & my calltune is The World is Not Enough.
    The 2-note cue of the Bond theme at the beginning of Skyfall.

Here you are:
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    For ringtone I have the 'Bond to New York' cue from LALD. Its the one that plays under Solitaire saying "a man comes..."etc . Very funky. Another favourite of mine is David Arnolds Hamburg party music as Bond arrives in the bmw. :-)

For txt message I use the clock countdown device from '24' - not Bond but still epic.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    edited January 2013 Posts: 858
    Text message:

Ringtone:

Might be of use for someone ;)
  • Back in the day when I used to use MSN, I set it up so any new messages arrived to the sultry voice of Valerie Leon from The Spy Who Loved Me. "I have a message for you."
  • And any left when I was off line were Tim Dalton from The Living Daylights: "I got the message." ;))
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus

Here ya go ;)

Great suggestion Brady and fast work Justin! I'm gonna try this one for a while and see how I like it. Thanks guys!

Great suggestions all over this thread! I've got the Marines tracker sound from Aliens as my text alert which I love and have had for ages - but I'm feeling very 007 at the moment so will take '007 reporting for duty' for the moment. I also like the 2-bar Skyfall intro so might try that too for another alert!

Keep 'em coming!

Here ya go ;)

Great suggestion Brady and fast work Justin! I'm gonna try this one for a while and see how I like it. Thanks guys!

Great suggestions all over this thread! I've got the Marines tracker sound from Aliens as my text alert which I love and have had for ages - but I'm feeling very 007 at the moment so will take '007 reporting for duty' for the moment. I also like the 2-bar Skyfall intro so might try that too for another alert!

Keep 'em coming![/quote]

We're all more than happy to help, @Major_Boothroyd. Enjoy!
    MartinBond wrote:
    Text message:

Ringtone:

Might be of use for someone ;)

These are great. Skyfall really delivered the return of the Bond theme. If Arnold comes back, hopefully he was taking notes.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 202
    This part of Newman's "Day Wasted" would make a sleek Bond ringtone:
    MrBrown wrote:
    This part of Newman's "Day Wasted" would make a sleek Bond ringtone:

I've made two, one as a ringtone, and the final riff as a text alert for anyone interested:

Ringtone:

Text Alert:
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Cool ringtones peeps, very well done (and thanks for the Tennyson, that's going to go on my new phone).
    Anyway, I think the music preluding the carchase in QoS would make a good ringtone as well..
    If anyone can ever do a ringtone of M reciting Tennyson to Newman's score, I'm pretty sure I would just die right there.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 5,745
    If anyone can ever do a ringtone of M reciting Tennyson to Newman's score, I'm pretty sure I would just die right there.

I already did, it's up there^^
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Here ya go ;)

LOVE IT!

Haha you even replied to it..