The Drama Shoppe

edited February 2013 in General Movies & TV Posts: 562
479923_229312470529419_1979675715_n.png
http://thedramashoppe.com/DS/

We just got the website up & running for the new webseries I'm acting in! We started with an idea for a TV series pilot episode, but it ended up turning into a full-season webseries. We'll be starting production in March and hopefully have the first episode out by the end of that month.

Here's the synopsis for the show:

"Whatever happened to all those weird kids who were in Drama Club in high school? They all went on to become successful, Oscar-nominated actors, right? Of course they didn’t.

They ended up here, at The Drama Shoppe, a run-down, seen-better-days costume sales and rental store. The characters who inhabit The Drama Shoppe, who all pass for archetypical members from The Island of Misfit Toys, are aspiring or failed actors who missed the brass ring, never grasped for it, or were too messed up to see it coming and going.

In their quest to keep the business open and, more importantly, as an excuse to get dressed up in costumes, perpetually cynical manager Doris and her wayward employees have come up with The Drama Shoppe Acting Company (or D-SAC, as is the derogatory nickname), an acting troupe that allows them to hire themselves out as “entertainers” for parties, events, festivals – pretty much anything, really. They will, as the joke goes, attend the opening of a cardboard box.

In addition to being the reluctant inheritor to the reins of the store, all-things-”indie” fangirl, Doris, oversees five other employees – Mick, a charming and debonair lover of “cougars” and Old School Dean Martin-esque style; Zach, a naïve, yet remarkable actor who sees the debauchery at The Drama Shoppe as living a bohemian, artistic lifestyle; Goria, a Goth girl with a deadpan delivery who fancies herself narcoleptic, but is really just lazy and stays out too late running with a freakish and fast crowd; Seamus, a mysterious, former military veteran who is both the Dr. Feelgood and MacGyver of the group; and Bill, a sexy, androgynous skirt-chaser for whom no woman is off-limits or out of her league.

To compensate for the mundane, day-to-day mediocrity of their lives, they have found in each other the common denominator of being addicted to “drama”, a heightened, almost pathological need for creating excitement (and bullsh*t) wherever they go, often resulting in an absolute shocking show.

Indulging in mind-altering substances a bit too often, sleeping with the wrong people, and inhabiting the extremes of any situation presented is de rigeur behavior for The Drama Shoppe crew. The joke, however, is on them because, ultimately, the situations and scenarios they create are rarely as dramatic as they have become in their messed-up heads – but it sure is fun to watch.

They studied Drama. They’re experts."

I'll be appearing as 'Mick O'Toole'.

Mod Edit - Removed several uses of offensive language.

Comments

• edited February 2013 Posts: 2,782
    What an annoying website!? Had to click off from it dude as it was annoying and was full of annoying things that annoyed me, which was sooooooooo annoying and thats annoying.
    Agreed. We could use a bit of a site re-design. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.
  • Go to themeforest and buy a responsive wordpress site. God have mercy on your present site, I will pray for it.
    Thank you. That means a lot.
  • I do god's works, praise him for we are all his servants. may u upload in peace.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    This is going nowhere, gents. Please be kind. ;-) Thank you. :)
    Agent005 wrote:
    Agreed. We could use a bit of a site re-design. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Don't worry about the site, it's fine. It's easy to navigate through the videos, and it is very cleanly laid out and simple.

But you're involved in making a show who's audience is going to be film-makers and film enthusiasts, which is the toughest crowd to please. I wish you good luck, and tell you to worry more about producing a fantastic work for us to enjoy, and not worry so much about the site.

The synopsis sounds great. A good bit of humor picking at the type of people who are actually creating the show and watching it should turn out great, and I look forward to an update.

Good luck!
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Agent005 wrote:

Don't worry about the site, it's fine. It's easy to navigate through the videos, and it is very cleanly laid out and simple.

I know. ;) I was being a tad facetious with every post in this thread aside from my original.

Thanks! I'm excited to get things moving and start production! Now that Sundance is done, our producers will have a lot more time to devote to this and we'll hopefully be on schedule and start filming at the end of March.

• I was being kind with little attention to you thread you know have a few more comments.

And I did mean it go to Themeforest and buy yourself a responsive Wordpress site template. U guys can't design ur site but u have the content. It'll cost u about 30 quid for a fab website template. Really beautiful. Good luck and fate often rewards people with little talent who keep on trying.