The Happy New Year Thread

Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
edited December 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 2,721
Just wanted to wish all the 00s here a happy new year and thank you for the forum. I'm fairly new here but have loved Bond for over twenty years. A community is what you make it and the respect and humour that is evident on this forum speaks to the contributors. The fan posters, to new scripts to video clips that are shared is inspiring and there is a wealth of creativity on this forum. All the best. Long live Bond.
- Quartermaster Major Boothroyd of the Secret Service

EDIT: What will be the first Bond film you'll watch in 2013? Mine will probably be Skyfall at the movies again.

Comments

• Already one underway (New Years notice), but in any event, New Year wishes to you also, although I'm not really looking forward to it to be truthful. The older you get, the more immaterial it becomes and it's just another year, all said

Maybe Live and Let Die. It will be the 40th year since release of all things, so could be quite fitting, or if not that, Octopussy on it's 30th anniversary, although I did watch most of it quite recently

(can't believe 30 years have passed, I remember going to see that on release like it was almost yesterday) Where the time passes, you just don't know sometimes

• Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus

Maybe Live and Let Die. It will be the 40th year since release of all things, so could be quite fitting, or if not that, Octopussy on it's 30th anniversary, although I did watch most of it quite recently

I like the anniversary idea! I think I'll watch FRWL - 50th anniversary on its initial release date - 10 October, LALD - 40th anniversary - 27 June, Octopussy - 30th anniversary - 6 June.
This discussion has been closed.