Total Recall

edited December 2012 in General Movies & TV Posts: 65
For those of you who saw the remake of Total Recall, did anyone notice the Bond reference before I spoil it?

Comments

• edited December 2012 Posts: 1,107
    yeah :D it was cool when Quaid read TSWLM.
  • Not sure how I feel about Irishman Colin Farrell in the role of 007. I don't see it.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 1,107
    It will probably never happen I hope. :D
  • Agreed.
    Owning quite a few of those paperback designs, I of course noticed it at once ;-). Nice touch.

Of those of you who watched the extended version, can you say if it´s worth watching, compared to the theatrical version?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Dalton12 wrote:
    It will probably never happen I hope. :D

Just you wait until 1995 rolls around. ;)
    Meh I think that he MIGHT be ok Bond.
    Did anyone see Ted (movie) yet? Comical reference!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    mrnate8 wrote:

If only Mark Wahlberg had been allowed to finish singing...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    mrnate8 wrote:

Oh god, it's Goldfinger isn't it?
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 12,837
    mrnate8 wrote:

All Time High actually. In the movie (worth a watch if you like family guy btw), OP was the first movie Wahlberg and his girlfriend saw together. Octopussy seems to be pretty popular in America.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    mrnate8 wrote:

All Time High actually. In the movie (worth a watch if you like family guy btw), OP was the first movie Wahlberg and his girlfriend saw together. Octopussy seems to be pretty popular in America.

It was probably just put in there because it has the slang of vagina in its title. Oh, how far comedy has gone.
  • The movie was funny I thought, and they don't really make any jokes to do with the title. Mcfarlane probably just saw it once or something, the film is full of pop culture references.

I think it's one of the more popular/remembered Bond movies in America. The Simpsons referenced it once as well.

"Y'know what I love from you Brits? Octopussy, that was a great movie!"

-Homer Simpson
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 65
    Did anyone see Liam Neeson and alum Famke Janssen in either Taken movie? How close was Liam as a Bond successor other than what I read in the tabloids when I was younger?

Grand Bazaar is busy these days!
    mrnate8 wrote:
    Did anyone see Liam Neeson and alum Famke Janssen in either Taken movie? How close was Liam as a Bond successor other than what I read in the tabloids when I was younger?

Grand Bazaar is busy these days!
    Liam has made a great transition from a great dramatic actor to a successful action star. His work in Taken is amazing, a no-nonsense father with a vendetta against those that took his daughter away. He is also fantastic in The Grey. I don't know if he would have been a good Bond or not, as he didn't really have the Bond look that they would have been looking for back in the day. But, nobody can say for sure how things would've turned out.
  • I'll have to rent The Grey.

I would say he had all the tools to play Bond (one tall lad) with the exception of his looks too, but what a bonafide action star. I am impressed with his hand-to-hand combat. I think I read he studies martial arts in his spare time, but viewers can't see these talents in Phantom Menace and Batman Begins (vaguely recall Darkman).

Such a tragedy with his wife's death.
  • Mcfarlane probably just saw it once or something, the film is full of pop culture references.

I actually think he used it because the lyrics are 'We're at all time high' and Ted and John where high all the time, which is one of the things (iirc) Mila Kunis was upset about, so it was the most inappropriate song he could sing to her.