April 19, 2011... Skynet is now operational !!

DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
edited April 2011 in General Movies & TV Posts: 15,690
That is right. In James Cameron's original timeline for <i>Terminator</i>, Skynet was set to become operational on April 19, 2011.

This means Judgement Day is... tomorrow ! X_X

Comments

• gt007gt007 Station G
    Yes I found out yesterday... Frightening! Although, there is a fair point in this article:

"Both the Resistance and Skynet are actively seeking to interfere with the timeline and are having unforeseen effects. Due to ongoing temporal alterations, these events are probably still being altered."

So if you won't see any nuclear missiles in the sky, or you won't be attacked by cyborgs, Sarah and John Connor saved the day. B-) :p
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I knew I shouldn't have created that skynet e-mail account. ~X(
  • edited April 2011 Posts: 1,856
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

APOCALYPSE BAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(daleks enter)

What the???
    ;-)
    Ooo, I thought Judgement Day was August 29th 1997 according to Terminator 2?
    The Sarah Connor Chronicles had it this way I think.
    Quoting BAIN123: Ooo, I thought Judgement Day was August 29th 1997 according to Terminator 2?
    Never seen any of them, But i know a lot about cinema, The thing is.... for T3 they revealed a second judgement day
  • edited April 2011 Posts: 11,189
    Quoting Virage: Never seen any of them, But i know a lot about cinema, The thing is.... for T3
    they revealed a second judgement day
    I know but T3 and TS don't count (although T3 was ok). Only one and two are the "real" films ;)
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Quoting BAIN123: Ooo, I thought Judgement Day was August 29th 1997 according to Terminator 2?
    True. But Sarah, John and the T800 destroy the Cyberdyne Systems building and anything that could lead to the creation of Skynet, so they prevent Judgement Day.

Or so they thought...

There are two different timelines after T2. The T3 timeline, and the TV Series one.

In T3 we learn that Judgement Day is inevitable, and it takes place on July 25, 2004.

In The Sarah Connor Chronicles, once again machines are sent from the future to make sure Sarah and John Connor do not stop the creation of Skynet. According to this timeline, Skynet becomes self-aware on April 19, 2011 and Judgement Day takes place on April 21.
    Of course the series was canceled, so we don't know if they prevented Judgement Day or not... :p

:)
    Let's just face it: after T2 they never managed to get it right any more. As much as I like to criticize Cameron for Avatar and even Titanic, I will say this: TT and T2 are brilliant; T3 and TS tried hard but they lacked Cameron's magic. As for TSCC, meh. I watched the first season with some level of boredom and only the vaguest reflection of my otherwise maniacal "completism" will eventually put me through the second season, since I have it on DVD anyway.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    I finished TSCC about a week ago Dimi. Some episodes are pretty boring. But there are a few great ones in there. The 3 last episodes are probably the series' highlights, as is episode 2x04, Allison from Palmdale with Cameron's origins.
    If every episode in the series was like these four, the series would have worked. And I doubt it would have been canceled.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    tomorrow?!? Dang... I am still working on my Harem!
    Quoting gt007: I finished TSCC about a week ago Dimi. Some episodes are pretty boring. But there are a few great ones in there. The 3 last episodes are probably the series' highlights, as is episode 2x04, Allison from Palmdale with Cameron's origins.

If every episode in the series was like these four, the series would have worked. And I doubt it would have been canceled.
    Thanks for that, friend. Encourages me to watch the second season.
    well Connor saved the day :)