As it's Christmas time what's your favourite tipple.

edited December 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 129
Please don't say a vesper as it's too obvious.

My top 3 are.
(1) Vodka (Current Favourite 'Green Mark" a pure Russian with a mellow flavour, ice cold & neat straight from the freezer).
(2) Brandy (I like Three Barrels 'XO, a 15 year old).
(3) Single Malt Scotch (12 year old minimum, I like "Balvenie DoubleWood" really nice straight with a couple of ice cubes).

Of course all have to be served in the appropriate glass! :))

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    A cold glass of water.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Beer. Lager more specifically. Carling, Fosters, any really.

Also a big Whiskey fan. I like Bourbon (if you haven't tried one do yourself a favour and have a Bourbon and coke) but it's harder to come across over here in the UK than over in the America, and I prefer Scotch. Maybe because I'm more used to it.

I do like Vodka too.
  • I like a bourbon, Jim Beam black, also Jack D (I know sour mash Tennessee Whiskey, rather than a straight bourbon) both neat though, single shots, don't like to mix my spirits, kills the taste. There's a bourbon sold in UK Aldi stores called "Clarks", it's very reasonably priced for the quality, if you get the chance, grab a bottle.

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 I take it your under 18/21 depending on country or tee-total, not a problem, wish I had the discipline.
    A cold glass of water.

I think he meant what drink BEFORE the glass of water ;)

Nah, I can't, er.. legally, drink yet either.
    All you youngin's on here are making me feel like an old man!

Egg nog with some brandy is always nice. But I like the seasonal beers. Sam Adams makes a nice Winter Lager. "Lots of spice and everything nice."
  • JWESTBROOK wrote:
    A cold glass of water.

I think he meant what drink BEFORE the glass of water ;)

Nah, I can't, er.. legally, drink yet either.

The cold glass of water comes at the end of the evening usually in pint glasses if you don't want to feel like death warmed up the morning after!
    @-)
  • Egg nog generously spiked with Cruzan rum works for me!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 I take it your under 18/21 depending on country or tee-total, not a problem, wish I had the discipline.

Yes, 19, but I will never drink or smoke, anything like that. I was just being a smart arse.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 202
    Glenfiddich 15, chilled, in a glass.

Not really adventurous, but it gets the job done. Haven't tried 18 yet.
    edited December 2012 Posts: 28,694
    I am waiting for someone to say Macallan. :P
  • I am waiting for someone to say Macallan. :P

It's a Speyside single malt, 10 to 30 years old, I've had the 12 year old, OK for spies, nothing wrong with it, very fine whiskey but not my favourite, bit over priced for me, wouldn't turn it down if offered though.
  • Vodka Martini (Shaken, not stirred) & Egg Nod.
  • Drinks for me are very weather dependent. On a very cold day I like a single malt scotch, one with a complex flavour that I can nurse all evening long (when it's hot out I can think of nothing better than a mojito). But to be truthful my favourite drink is a Vesper - when it's well made (with proper ingredients) it really is the best drink that I've ever had. I'll likely have a few with Xmas dinner.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Since I'm a teatotaler....

1. Hot chocolate
    2. Egg Nog
    3. Coffee
  • 1. fruit juice
    2. soda
    3. water
    4, skim milk

Not really a fan of the taste of alcohol.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I'll join the boring club and go for anything non alcoholic. Water, milk, that's my kind of thing. Merry Christmas! :))
    Since I will be working all xmas and on call xmas day. Only a glass of asti or if I can get sometime off it will have to be a becks vier or two
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 129
    largo2 wrote:
    Since I will be working all xmas and on call xmas day. Only a glass of asti or if I can get sometime off it will have to be a becks vier or two

I presume your in some roll within the emergency services, if you'll permit me then have a drink with us all as soon as you can when your shift finishes. Cheers & merry Xmas!
    largo2 wrote:

Being a 00 is exhausting, eh?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited December 2012 Posts: 12,459
    Winter nights and Xmas time? Egg nog with brandy for sure.

And I have a new cordial that I am crazy about (nonalcoholic, but love it anyway): Rocks and Tree Classic Ginger herb cordial. It is spicy, lots of ginger (and sugar)! Heated up and sipped, it is sublime - great for a chilly winter evening. Anytime, not just for winter, I also like about an inch and a half of it in a tall glass, then filled with water - incredibly refreshing. I tried to find the source online, it looks like Rocks organic is UK and their cordial from the UK is Fiery Ginger (if I remember right), but this version is paired with another company (organic) here in Japan. Anyway, highly recommended. Now where is that darn egg nog and brandy? Time for one of those, too. ;)
  • At Christmas time it's always a glass of champagne with brunch, followed by some good table wine during Christmas dinner and then in the evening a good single malt or a liqueur such as Baileys.
    largo2 wrote:

I presume your in some roll within the emergency services, if you'll permit me then have a drink with us all as soon as you can when your shift finishes. Cheers & merry Xmas!
    largo2 wrote:

Being a 00 is exhausting, eh?

I wish I was in a job that was that rewarding, but alas I am a manager of two small supermarkets on the island for a evil organisation.

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Shloer for me. O-e-er