The name's 25. Bond 25, or rather, it's NTTD.

Comments

Shatterhand. still my favourite of the ones mentioned. It sounds most Bondian to me, like Goldfinger or Thunderball.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if it's announced as the title..despite what Babs wrote, it sounds most likely. And i would be perfectly happy with that!
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    I'm partial to Death Leaves An Echo these days.

Mathis1 wrote: »
    Shatterhand. still my favourite of the ones mentioned. It sounds most Bondian to me, like Goldfinger or Thunderball.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if it's announced as the title..despite what Babs wrote, it sounds most likely. And i would be perfectly happy with that!

Shatterhand is the one I think is most likely, and the one that sounds the most Bondian.

I've never understood the hysteria for Property of a Lady. Firstly, it doesn't sound very interesting, or very Bondian, and secondly this short story and its title was already referenced and used in the film Octopussy.

Death to spies is my personal favourite.

Shatterhand is Bondian too but when it was floated as a possible title a few months ago all my non-Bond friends made the obvious juvenile joke. I don’t think it’s really good enough for a title for that very reason, given how childish and sniggering social media is.

Property of a Lady is very good but it sounds more like a Richard Curtis rom com.

How about

Spectreville as the obvious sequel to Spectre

Nothing Propinks like Propinquity @-)
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    From Russia With Love worked great. So can The Property of a Lady.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Kill or be Killed

Could actually explain why so little seems to be going on with the development of the adaptation of Ed Brubaker's excellent comic of the same name.

From Russia With Love is a great title. It has mystery, and sounds like a spy love story.

The Property of a Lady sounds like a rom-com at best. It is the least imaginative out of all the Fleming titles, (if you exclude 007 in New York, which is obviously not a great title).
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Birdleson wrote: »
    PROPERTY OF A LADY is beginning to appear to be more likely.

Based on what? Just because the 007 codename is now the property of a woman? Come on...

From Russia With Love is a great title. It has mystery, and sounds like a spy love story.

The Property of a Lady sounds like a rom-com at best. It is the least imaginative out of all the Fleming titles, (if you exclude 007 in New York, which is obviously not a great title).
    From Russia With Love IS a great title. But if it was an unused title considered today I expect modern scrutiny might say it sounds like a postcard or cheap romance novel, very non-Bond.

Meanwhile history says if it's a great movie, the title takes on greatness. Whether it relates to the Bond Girl or villain's caper or otherwise, I'd like to see this Fleming title used eventually.

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    matt_u wrote: »
    PROPERTY OF A LADY is beginning to appear to be more likely.

Based on what? Just because the 007 codename is now the property of a woman? Come on...

Just my own thoughts based on the “leaked” GENOMA OF A WOMAN. That seems like a red herring, but the similarities are obvious. Nothing more than that.
    I hope I didn’t imply I have some inside knowledge.
    No need for “Come on...”, we’re all speculating here. Remain polite.

It wasn't my intention to sound arrogant, my apologies.

One thing I know for sure, The Property of a Lady would be far a better title than Genoma of a Woman. But I honestly think the chances of TPoaL being the title are pretty much close to zero.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited August 2019 Posts: 23,271
    The Property of a Lady has many connotations, it could be dialogue thrown at Bond suggesting he is the property of Madeline for example. Personally I hope B25 is either Shatterhand or The Property of a Lady
    Or a mystery MacGuffin revealed late in the film. Or meaning overlaid several ways. Possibilities there.

36160191_826980371023055_4648453249173553152_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram.com

Wouldn't say "obvious", as it doe shave it's proponents (like me).

007 in New York would be a shockingly awful title. You cannot be serious?

From Russia With Love IS a great title. But if it was an unused title considered today I expect modern scrutiny might say it sounds like a postcard or cheap romance novel, very non-Bond.

Meanwhile history says if it's a great movie, the title takes on greatness. Whether it relates to the Bond Girl or villain's caper or otherwise, I'd like to see this Fleming title used eventually.

I agree that titles take on a life of their own if the film is any good, and the remaining Fleming titles - Risico or The Hildebrand Rarity sound too weird, so I doubt they would ever be used. The Property of a Lady is the most normal sounding title left, but as I said before, the story and phrase has already been used before, and the title isn't particularly clever anyway, so I doubt this would ever be used.

Shatterhand is really the only decent thing left for a Fleming-based title.

Wouldn't say "obvious", as it doe shave it's proponents (like me).

007 in New York would be a shockingly awful title. You cannot be serious?

Why would I say it if I wasn’t serious? Not everyone sees the world as you do.

In all seriousness, if you look at the list of all previous Bond titles, then throw in `007 in New York', are you telling me that sits well alongside the likes of Goldfinger, For Your Eyes Only, Thunderball, A View To A Kill, OHMSS etc....?

If you do, its a good job the world doesn't see things the way you do.... ;)
    I don’t see why it would bother you what anyone else would like or not like. You’re fairly rude about it. I have Bond films and characters that I absolutely cannot abide or see much of any merit in that others on here are very fond of. I’ll lay out my reasoning, but I’m not going to act like they’re absurd or question their judgement. They obviously get something out of it that I don’t.

Fair enough, and sorry if you thought I was being rude.
    It would be a shame if Shatterhand was ruled out purely because of moronic opinions on Twitter or in the media.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    vzok wrote: »
    It would be a shame if Shatterhand was ruled out purely because of moronic opinions on Twitter or in the media.

I did not realize there was an issue with the title Shatterhand? I don't go on Twitter in fact I have never had a Twitter account

I don’t Twitter either, but apparently the title is hilarious. A certain English rag printed the same. Obviously none of them ever use the word shatter.
  • Tokoloshe2Tokoloshe2 Northern Ireland
    "007 in New York" would be utterly appalling. Be as offended as you like, but I can't believe anyone could even consider it.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    The Paloma Papers

The Cuban Connection

Comrade Commander

Panama Papers / Panama Files (remember the panama law firm tax evasion fraud thing)

The Matera Mark

One Step Behind

Agent Enemy

To Die For

Double O Down

All Or Nothing

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

I did not realize there was an issue with the title Shatterhand? I don't go on Twitter in fact I have never had a Twitter account

What would you go on Twitter for anything? Facts? Barely. Other people's opinions? Well, I prefer to have (and formulate--a lost art) my own. News? The ingredients list on my cereal boxes makes for better news than whatever gets dumped in Twitter posts. Film "updates"? Please.
    Tokoloshe2 wrote: »
    "007 in New York" would be utterly appalling. Be as offended as you like, but I can't believe anyone could even consider it.

Correct. Even the 'story' itself is a bit of a well-intended joke, an advertisement. I don't think Fleming would've appreciated it if this title were chosen for a film.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 19,339
    00Agent wrote: »
    "No, Idris Elba is not in this."

On a serious Note, i like this one:
    barryt007 wrote: »
    The Bullet With My Name On It.
    But i would slightly change it to:
    A Bullet With Your Name On It.

Reminds me of You Only Live Twice.

And I would have the perfect Poster for that as well:
    2.jpg

Yes,i could go with that amendment to my suggestion.i like it =D>

Or maybe :

"The Future of my Past ."
    - referring to Maddy, not Bond,and showing the future consequences of that past encounter.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Tokoloshe2 wrote: »

Of course you don’t. I’m not offended by others opinions, it’s when they get on others for theirs. I don’t like the meanness I get permeating off some people.

+1
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Leahcence To Kill
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 5,185
    We've got Ana De Armas in a Bikini™

83b8daa4bf2956e49cee60029e5972da.gif
    and that will be the title sequence.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    00Agent wrote: »
    We've got Ana De Armas in a Bikini™

83b8daa4bf2956e49cee60029e5972da.gif
    and that will be the title sequence.

Already on it's way to beat Avengers: Endgame. ;)
    DarthDimi wrote: »

What would you go on Twitter for anything? Facts? Barely. Other people's opinions? Well, I prefer to have (and formulate--a lost art) my own. News? The ingredients list on my cereal boxes makes for better news than whatever gets dumped in Twitter posts. Film "updates"? Please.
    As I said I have never been on Twitter so I have no frame of reference

• MonsieurMerciMonsieurMerci France
    -
    Muddyw wrote: »

FOREVER YOURS
    + NOT :

B-)
    Quite like FOREVER NOT YOURS : title sounds Bondesque, and oldfashioned
    DANGEROUSLY YOURS